Johnson & Johnson Careers
PRODUCT LINE OWNER IT MANAGER
New Brunswick, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 1559190409
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a IT Manager, Product Line Owner (PLO) for the Corporate Business Technology (CBT) organization. The product line encompasses business applications and data solutions for the Global Health Care Compliance (HCC) and Privacy organizations. This position has both Global and North America focus and is located at the World Headquarters Campus of Johnson and Johnson in New Brunswick, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Product Line Owner (PLO) role will be responsible for setting and maintaining a clear operational vision for the assigned products, platforms and associated capabilities delivered in support of HCC and Privacy business areas. The role requires close collaboration with key business and IT partners across the JNJ enterprise during in the planning, implementation, deployment of programs and projects.
This position is a key member in shaping the Global and North America IT technical strategy development for the Health Care Compliance (HCC) and Privacy groups and requires an understanding of HCC and Privacy policies and procedures, regulatory requirements and IT platforms / capabilities and operational support. The key focus is on implementing and maintaining innovative solutions to the business while ensuring operational excellence.
The individual manages relationships with HCC Global Operations Leaders mainly focused implementing and maintaining applications globally across J&J, and interacts with cross-sector IT leaders in shaping global IT capabilities for HCC and Privacy across Consumer, Pharma and MD. The role assists in maintaining external relationships with key IT application suppliers.
The applicant will be required to provide domain expertise working directly with business partners, contractors, and other J&J organizations.
- Assist in identifying and prioritizing the product features by business value
- Collaborate with product owners and sponsors to identify opportunities where innovative solutions can be leveraged to improve, automate, simplify business processes and optimize total cost of ownership.
- Continuously manage business partner expectations.
BUSINESS IT INTERFACE
- Understand the business’s needs and priorities from the product capabilities
- Negotiate with the product owners and sponsors by assessing backlogs, priorities and aligning delivery based on capacity
- Accountable for the effective delivery and oversight of development work
- Participate in the business planning activities by identifying future business demand and ensuring appropriate funding is in the business plan.
- Drive business process improvement initiatives and play a key role in the change management efforts of IT initiatives within the business partner community
BUSINESS REQUIREMENTS ANALYSIS
- Partner with the business to understand and define business drivers and requirements of the initiated program(s)/project(s). Ensure design gap analysis and prototyping, test script authoring and execution, and deployment activities as needed.
- Works with HCC and/or Privacy, Application Services, and external Vendors to develop acceptance criteria
- Understands development delivery estimates and timelines and how levels of effort impact the priority of requirements
- Tracks progress of all HCC product development in the context of strategic investments and operational delivery
- Prepare and deliver regular updates and communications (verbal and written) to the Business and IT Leadership teams, and extended business partners.
- Ensure Service Level Agreements are established and meet expectations of the business partners.
- Collaborate with suppliers and vendors to evaluate software, hardware, or services and make appropriate recommendations. Partnering with Vendors to ensure compliance with J&J policies, standards and procedures
- Ensure that J&J information & assets are appropriately identified and valued and protected by enforcing compliance with all local and worldwide security policies.
- Ensure that security is considered and emphasized in all IT plans and actions
BUSINESS/TECHNOLOGY APPLICATION OWNERSHIP
- Maintain solid business understanding of entire application landscape, and be the Directly Responsible Individual (DRI) for all business & technical aspects of the application
- Financials: tracks all costs related to application and has full understanding of application cost transparency
- Overall accountability for the lifecycle management (e.g. ALM) for business services/applications to which you are assigned
- Overall accountability to execute application lifecycle management plan for each application they are responsible
- Coordinate application testing, documentation activities
- Review and approve changes to the applications they are responsible for
- Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture team to maintain and implement application roadmap
- CMDB management – Maintain asset inventory of assigned applications for architecture analysis and project planning and general portfolio oversight; enable accurate and timely service management; support SACM CMDB Data Quality efforts
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required. A Master’s degree is preferred
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- A minimum of 8 years of IT experience is required.
- Hands on experience and/or exposure to Health Care Compliance and Privacy business processes, concepts and market trends
- Experience in matrix-based project teams including internal resources and contractors
- Experience in complex global projects, processes and systems
- Experience with modern cloud based application delivery (such as SaaS)
- Business case/value case management experience
- Experience with financial management of IT portfolio/projects
- Hands-on, disciplined project management skills
- Experience with software validation in regulated environments
- Working knowledge of core application development principles and SDLC methodology
- Demonstrated ability work in accordance with full system lifecycle (SDLC) from concept to production deployment
- Hands-on experience supporting an application portfolio (post-launch)
- Proficiency in explaining technologies effectively to customers, communicating technical concepts in non-technical terms and transferring technical knowledge
- Experience in agile / agile scrum methodology
- Experience with agile delivery tools such as Jira
- Hands on understanding of Design Principles (User Interface and Business Process Mapping)
- Ability to operate independently and collaborate with business leaders at various levels across multiple sectors and regions
- Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision, both written and verbal
- Self-starter with strong teamwork abilities and customer service skills.
- Extreme focus, attention to detail and delivering high-quality solutions
- Good background and experience in virtualization, network and other technologies
- Up to 10% travel, both domestic and international
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-
Johnson & Johnson (6067)