Johnson & Johnson Careers
Vice President, Access & Policy
Raritan, New Jersey
Health Economics R&D
Requisition ID: 1551190806
This job description outlines the roles and responsibilities of the Vice President, Market Access Policy, who serves as the single point of accountability for advancing long-term global strategy for Janssen’s success in the shifting global healthcare reimbursement environment. This role reports to the Vice President, Global Market Access.
JanssenOne is the Pharm sector’s global strategy to deliver on the promise of creating groundbreaking medical innovations for patients. One of the five critical accelerators of our JanssenOne strategy is “Drive the Debate”, which focuses on ensuring that Janssen takes an industry-leading role in crafting and executing strategies that ensure governments/insurers understand the value that our medicines bring to a patient’s health and overall society – enabling patients to have access to our portfolio. This role leads the work across the worldwide cross-functional matrix, delivering a clear vision, objectives, strategies, and the successful implementation of tactical plans and communication.The purpose of this role is to transition from “issues-based, short-term” management approach to a structured, global, long-term approach to policy topics, which enables greater impact on outcomes over time.
The Vice President, Market Access Policy will prospectively align and lead policy, government affairs, market access, and communications work associated with driving our global focus on Value Based Care and continued medical Innovation. This includes identifying key global opportunities for Janssen/JNJ to externally engage to shape policy, outlining positions to take, framing key risks, and developing contingency plans as early as possible. The Vice President, Market Access policy will own the strategic integration of activities/timelines from global, regional and functional plans, framing one globally coordinated plan, and will drive alignment on external communications on all matters, as appropriate. As an enabler of integrating internal activities and timelines, the Vice President, Market Access Policy will be a key member of the Janssen Access Policy Council.
The Vice President, Market Access Policy is also responsible for assuring that the globally cross-functional Drive the Debate team is optimally resourced to achieve ambitious goals and complex deliverables. This includes benchmarking the required resourcing level to achieve goals from external references across Pharm and other industries, setting internal guidance on optimal resourcing to achieve goals, identifying gaps, as well as working with senior management to ensure that appropriate resources are dedicated to various operating budgets to achieve multi-year goals and the overall long-term vision.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES include:
- Lead the Access Policy team within the global Market Access organization.
- Ensure access policy considerations for our innovative portfolio are identified and addressed in close collaboration with the TA teams and key markets (e.g.reimbursement, payments codes)
- Strengthening Janssen’s thought leadership on access aspect externally
- Represent Janssen at various external forums such as HTAi, ISPOR, relevant WHO groups
- Partner with key local markets and regionals teams on Janssen’s partnership strategy with various institutions with global access impact (e.g. TURFs, ICER)
- Key member of the Janssen Access Policy Council (JAPC). The JAPC is a working council of global, regional and functional senior access leaders from health policy, regulatory affairs, market access and communications and public affairs. The goal of the JAPC is to align, coordinate and steer global policy actions related to market access, pricing, and reimbursement, etc.
- Work in/with other internal forums as needed that enable key global stakeholders to shape and align on the objectives, strategies and tactics for our priorities.
- Work with internal stakeholders to customize regional/functional plans that align with global vision and priorities.
- Develop toolkit with key message points and data for each of the priority topics, that can be leveraged to drive Janssen/J&J positions with external audiences globally.
- Interface within existing governance structures to shape the agenda for the priority topics, and monitor ongoing activities across the organization to advance these.
- Develop and lead ongoing scorecard of metrics to understand how Janssen’s efforts to Drive the Debate are having a tangible impact on preferred outcomes.
Janssen and enterprise forums:
- Janssen Access Policy Council
- Janssen Public Affairs Council
- J&J Enterprise Governance Council
- Market Access Leadership Council
- HTA Forum
- Inside the Company: Market Access Hubs and Therapeutic Area teams, Government Affairs & Policy (Enterprise and Sector), Communications & Public Affairs (Enterprise and Sector), Legal, Regional Leadership, Global Commercial TA Leadership, and R&D Leadership, Janssen GOC
- Outside the Company: Policy-Makers, Government Officials, Advocacy Groups, Academic Bodies, Health Authorities (HTA, Payers), Media, NGOs
Qualifications and experience:
- A minimum of 10 years of experience within the pharma and/or biotech industry with at least 7 years of leadership experience.
- Exposure to more than 1 healthcare system is required, international working experience preferred.
- The successful candidate must possess a consistent track record of outstanding team management including the consistent demonstration of behaviors as defined in Leadership Imperatives (Live our Credo, Connect, Shape, Lead, Deliver).
- Experience with leading commercial strategy, health policy, government affairs, market access, and/or communications is strongly preferred.
- Ability to interface effectively and positively with all levels of colleagues in policy, government affairs, and communications, as well as commercial and R&D teams is required.
- Energy and enthusiasm to encourage and mobilize people and teams are fully essential.
- Team leadership is required, and experience in a heavily matrixed environment is strongly preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 35% yearly is required (International as well as Domestic).
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan-
Janssen Global Services, LLC (6085)
Health Economics R&D