Johnson & Johnson Careers
Technician QA II
Requisition ID: 1545180517
ETHICON®, a member of Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is recruiting for Technician Level II based in Somerville, NJ.
ETHICON®, a Johnson & Johnson company, commercializes a broad range of innovative surgical products, solutions and technologies used to treat some of today’s most prevalent medical issues, such as: colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. Learn more at http://www.ethicon.com/, or follow us on Twitter @Ethicon.
SUMMARY: The Technician Level II is responsible for general laboratory support as well as routine testing in compliance with laboratory test methods and procedures to support the Manufacturing and timely delivery of product to customers.
- Performs line and/or area audits, raw material, in-process and/or finished goods tests.
- Inspects, tests and/or evaluates the precision and accuracy of products/production equipment, and/or testing equipment.
- Assures optimum control of quality so that raw material and/or finished products conform to existing docket requirements, standard operating procedures, governmental regulations and adheres to all Quality Systems Requirements (QSR).
- Conducts training for new technicians.
- Update SOPs and Material specifications for improvements and clarifications.
- Monitor and audit and review all products batch/lot/run records that pass through the lab.
- Ensures proper safety and environmental procedures and practices are utilized.
- Initiate and investigate Out of Specification, Non- Conformances for product related issues.
- Follow current compliance regulations and standards.
- Comply with all GDP, GMP, GLP and all other compliance guidelines.
- Ensure safe working conditions and practices in the department.
- Understands and adheres to Ethicon, Inc. environmental policies/guidelines, J&J Pollution Prevention goals and regulatory requirements.
- Work in team environment manner.
- Comply with all federally regulated programs.
- Adhere to J&J environmental and safety policies and guidelines.
- Comply with all job specific safety procedures and utilize PPE when necessary.
- Comply with quality system requirements as defined within procedures and instructions.
- Use test equipment (Starett Gauge, Mitutoyo Gauge, Microscope, Instron, etc) where applicable.
- Utilize applicable software systems as needed for the job (e.g. ComplianceWire, ADAPTIV, etc.)
- Consistently meet required work performance targets (RE’s), if applicable
- Support LEAN and Six Sigma Initiatives.
- Support Maintenance Excellence (ME2) including 6S and Operator Asset Care.
- Accurately complete records as defined within the job procedures (e.g. manual and/or electronic documentation).
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Consistently meet required Training due date targets.
- High School diploma required
- 2 years of job related experience and familiarity with Quality System Regulations (QSRs) required
- Excellent interpersonal relations and communication skills required
- Statistical and analytical problem solving preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software required
- Organizational and self-motivational skills required
- American Society of Quality (ASQ) Certification for Quality Technician (CQT) preferred
- Experience with documentation practices required
- LabWare & JDE experience preferred
- Healthcare experience preferred
United States-New Jersey-Somerville
Ethicon Inc. (6045)