Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Counsel, Patent Litigation
Requisition ID: 1543190409
This Senior Counsel position is for an attorney within the Litigation Group of the Law Department of Johnson & Johnson. The responsibilities of this position are to advise and represent the company and each of its three sectors (pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and consumer products) in patent litigation around the world.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
As a Senior Counsel for Patent Litigation, you will:
- Manage a large portfolio of complex patent litigations in the United States and abroad
- Coordinate with outside counsel in management of cases
- Work with third-party partners, company management, and other personnel in support of litigation
- Advise company management concerning patent, regulatory, and product exclusivity issues
- Manage litigation budgets
- Negotiate and draft complex patent settlement and license agreements
- A Juris Doctor Degree and admission to and in good standing with at least one state bar is required.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in complex patent litigation is required.
- Experience handling all aspects of pre-trial case preparation and management including discovery, witness preparation, writing and review of major briefs, and selection and preparation of experts is required.
- Experience managing litigation budgets is required.
- The ability to work across business functions and cultures with teams across multiple time zones and independently in a fast-paced environment is required.
- Experience managing complex matters in multiple jurisdictions is preferred.
- Experience negotiating settlements is preferred.
- Trial experience is preferred.
- Must be articulate and a collaborative colleague.
- Must have the ability for moderate travel within the US and occasional travel outside the US.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-
Johnson & Johnson (6067)