Johnson & Johnson Careers
Process Engineer Tech
Requisition ID: 1541180627
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of
Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Process
Engineer Tech in Los Angeles, CA.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
The Process Engineer Tech will participate in multi-functional teams to lead process engineering projects to assure achievement of sites goals and objectives. Lead investigations of process deviations, implement corrective and preventive actions and improve Compounding and Clean out of Place (COP) processes to provide sustainable gains in cost effectiveness and product performance through capital projects, statistical analysis, designed experiments, and procedural changes.
- Comply with J&J’s policies, procedures, and quality standards as well as safety and environmental regulations.
- Lead process improvement projects through to implementation, including training on new processes and measurement systems.
- Lead efforts to improve methods and processes by continually challenging departmental practices.
- Lead and/or collaborate with Engineering to develop and implement new and modified equipment to improve capacity and efficiency of products and processes.
- Manage the successful implementation of process improvements.
- Lead investigations and CAPAs related to gaps in processes in a timely manner.
- Conduct studies and experiments with materials, vendors, processes and supplier services to reduce cost and improve safety, product quality, GMP compliance and service.
- Provide technical expertise for troubleshooting manufacturing problems.
- Design, improve and implement process measures.
- Develop necessary documentation for implementation of projects (change controls, specifications, capital requests, commissioning and qualification protocols, etc).
- Perform assigned SAP responsibilities.
- Develop, review and approve SOPs, protocols, reports
- Research the purchase of new equipment or upgrades to existing equipment.
- Conduct benchmarking and leverage process improvements from other sites
- Manage project budgets.
- Promote safety and participate in safety activities.
- Assist in the investigation of accidents or incidents in work area, as assigned
- Implement safety-related improvements as identified by employees, team leaders, safety professionals and others
- Support the implementation of safety awareness programs
- Support occasional weekend coverage for the entire site
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Complete assigned trainings on time
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is required, an advanced degree is preferred
- A minimum of two (2) years of related experience is required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is required
- Previous experience in leading teams is preferred
- Experience in engineering, project management and technical report writing is preferred
- LEAN / Six Sigma / Process Excellence certifications are preferred
- Experience utilizing project management tools and platforms is preferred
- Ability to travel up to 10% domestically is required
United States-California-Los Angeles
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)