Johnson & Johnson Careers
Strategic Sourcing Manager
Requisition ID: 1521180910
Ethicon Endo Surgery, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Strategic Sourcing Manager located at Cincinnati, OH, Bridgewater, NJ or West Chester, Pennsylvania locations. This position will support the metals category team covering all business units within the Global Surgery and Orthopaedics franchises.
The Ethicon Surgical Care business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon Surgical Care business combines products and services of two market-leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager will be responsible for managing various sub-categories within the Metals Category team, in support of approximately $200 million in spend for Johnson & Johnson Companies. He or she will have oversight of development and implementation of Procurement goals and strategies, delivering financial, quality, service and compliance targets, developing Global and Regional End-to-end Metals category strategies, and management of key supplier relationships.
- Lead 3D Metal Printing and other sourcing strategies within OneMD in coordination with R&D and new product development teams.
- Understanding the 3D printing global marketplace
- Identifying savings opportunities to convert traditional manufactured components to 3D metal printing technologies
- Deliver 3D Metal Printing subcategory strategy for OneMD
- Development of long term partnerships with 3D Metal Printing supply base
- Deliver value generating projects to drive productivity and improving the effectiveness of strategic initiatives in global sourcing.
- Achieve continuous improvement and negotiations-based savings targets established on category and sub-category level
- Manage and develop supplier relationships of key suppliers and drive supplier segmentation activities
- Understand external environment and identify the market risks associated with sourced product and recommend strategies to minimize financial and operational risk of suppliers in close collaboration with Risk Center of Excellence
- Lead selection of supplier with cross functional team for new product introduction and sub-category optimization transfers
- Coordinate with Cost Gap Modeling (CGM) group completion of Should Cost Modeling (activity-based costing) for the source product
- Lead Request for Quotation/Market Engagement Program and CGM based negotiations
- Collaborate closely with Source Finance to develop business case, NPV and total cost of ownership for opportunities identified within the metals category
- Lead supply capacity assessment and support planning lead in implementation of Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process
- Support category quality lead in conducting supplier quality maturity assessment
- Develop alternative sourcing strategy to address on-going capacity challenges for critical product families
- Coordinate negotiation and execution of supplier contracts, including development agreements, supply agreements and non-disclosure agreement
- Monitor implementation and execution of Business Continuity planning at key suppliers
- Coordinate with source finance the management of standard cost and required attributes to ensure pricing accuracy
- Provide guidance in the correct category classification of sourced parts according to enterprise level agreed taxonomy nomenclature
- A minimum of a Bachelor Degree is required. MBA/Advanced degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant professional experience in a Sourcing, Operations, or Supply Chain role is required.
- A demonstrated working knowledge and experience in a highly regulated manufacturing environment with regulatory, quality, and compliance requirements is required.
- Experience negotiating contract terms with external suppliers is required.
- Creative & decisive problem-solving skills, customer focus (internal & external), ability to adapt to meet rapidly changing priorities, and sound reasoning skills are required.
- A demonstrated ability to work in team environment with focus on internal and external relationship development is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill with ability to confidently present complex information is required
- Strong influencing skills and business acumen is required
- Able to prioritize requests, and propose effective cost/customer service alternatives when necessary is required
- Project management experience is preferred.
- APICS (American Production & Inventory Control Society) or CPM (Certified Purchasing Manager) certification is preferred.
- Strongly prefer experience within the Medical Device or Healthcare industry.
- Previous experience with Six Sigma/Process Excellence Tools, Training and/or Certification is preferred.
- Experience working with financial tools and solid analytical skills are strongly preferre
- This position may require up to 30% travel
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester, North America-United States-New Jersey-Bridgewater
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)