Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director of Marketing, Trauma
Requisition ID: 1510190806
Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices, (J&J MD), a division of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Director of Marketing, Trauma located in West Chester, PA.
J&J MD is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. J&J MD will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of several great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Marketing Director, Trauma is responsible for leading a marketing team and building the organizational capabilities needed for the U.S. Trauma Marketing team to meet the specific needs of the DePuy Synthes organization, the U.S. Trauma market, and our customers. You will lead a mix of individual contributors and other managers and are expected to serve as a coach and mentor to more junior managers as well as handle more complex business and people related matters.
You will report to the NA Sr. Director of Marketing, Trauma & Extremities.
- You will be responsible for hiring and developing a high performing team and will lead/coach/develop a team of direct and indirect reports.
- Achieves U.S. Trauma business plan objectives of sales, net income, gross profit, inventory and price on an annual basis
- Leads project expenses within budget
- Increases company’s leadership position within the U.S. Trauma market
- Aligns and engages the Trauma Field Sales Organization on business priorities
- Ensures top-level operations marketing support to the Trauma Field Sales Organization
- Leads the development of brand strategies for Trauma products, services, programs and other key initiatives including establishment of value proposition, customer and brand targeting & segmentation, positioning, U.S. branding, and product lifecycle management.
- Builds DePuy Synthes Trauma brand through surgeon KOL advocacy and engagement
- Coaches the team with the development of marketing collateral creation, review, and deployment
- Provides input into next generation portfolio prioritization. Participates in the effort to remove products from market (obsolescence).
Customer Insights and Analytics
- Possesses strong knowledge of Trauma products, competitors, procedures, and surgical techniques as a means to understanding the diverse needs of our customer segments (surgeon, hospital, patients, payers, etc.)
- Partners with Strategic Marketing to execute market research initiatives and new technology validation. Provide technical expertise to assist in their execution.
- Stays connected with market needs through frequent interaction with customers (co-travel with sales consultants, attendance at industry meetings, review medical journals, etc.)
Business Planning and Execution
- Works closely with managers to develop annual business plans for the Trauma platform. Builds a strong collaborative environment with other functional areas to execute plan.
- Applies understanding of the sales process to develop well positioned market messaging that can drive customer behavior. Partner with manager to deploy to the sales force and field marketing.
- Leads a team that executes impactful product launches. Specific responsibilities include the development of brand strategy, marketing partners all key partners (salesforce, surgeons, hospitals, patients, payers, etc.), price strategy, promotional plan, product training plan (salesforce & surgeons), product forecasting, inventory roll-out plan, sales targets, sales tools, etc.
- Coordinates with key functional partners and other Regional Marketing teams and sales organizations.
General Business Support
- Develops relationships with surgeon customers and key targets.
- Partners with Professional Education & Tradeshow groups to build promotional plans around key events and provide on-site support.
- Partners with Commercial Education to ensure implementation of robust and up to date training curriculum
- Champions positive relationship between Regional Marketing and Sales Teams to gather input on customer needs and ensure strong alignment with product strategy.
- Responsible for driving tight-knit collaboration with supply chain to meet target requirements related to forecasting and inventory management
- Be highly responsive in responding to requests from customers and sales consultants.
- Work collaboratively with other functional partners to ensure business issues are addressed.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required. MBA preferred
A minimum of 10 years total business experience in any of the following areas: Marketing, Medical Device Product Development R&D, Medical Device Sales, or a combination of sales and Marketing is required.
A minimum of 3 years people management experience is required.
A minimum of 2 years of experience in medical device or other healthcare regulated environment is required
Previous experience managing medical device product lines, including leading product development or marketing teams and setting strategic direction for product portfolio is required.
Significant experience in developing and launching new products, services and programs is required
Demonstrate through examples the ability to generate insights, develop strategies from insights, and oversee execution that delivered a positive business result
Experience interacting with key customers and sales organizations is required.
Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills are required.
Willingness and ability working in a hand’s –on, fast paced, customer focused environment is necessary.
Should have a track record of career advancement and exceeding expectations.
This position is located in West Chester, PA and will require approximately 30% travel including weekends. Travel includes both domestic and international travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester-
Medical Device Business Services, Inc (6029)