Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Technical Operations Scientist
Anasco, Puerto Rico
Requisition ID: 1510180515
Johnson & Johnson Vision, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Technical Operations Scientist.
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
As the Senior Technical Operations Scientist, you will:
• Participate in the local cross-functional operational governance process that prioritizes projects across quality, delivery, and cost, assigns cross-functional resources for execution, and provide updates on assigned projects against commitments.
• Lead or participate in a wide range of technical projects from the moderately large and complex to smaller activities and tasks, utilizing appropriate Project Management tools and Six Sigma/Process Excellence tools. This includes, providing guidance and direction to junior Engineers, integrating resources, and delivering through cross-functional coordination, end to end project activities including regulatory, clinical, marketing, and other actions required to bring the project to market.
• Lead or participate in moderately complex quality and failure investigations involving raw material suppliers, partner with the appropriate cross-functional resources and subject matter expertise as required, to identify root cause and implement corrective action.
• Provide guidance and input to leadership as it relates to the ability of raw material suppliers to maintain adequate capacity to support the demand forecast, anticipate future constraints and raises, gain approval, and execute activities in advance of any constraints to ensure continuity of supply to customers.
• Employ your detailed knowledge of injection molding process parameters, tool / part design, assembly processes and techniques, Lean Six Sigma tools, and other engineering techniques to constantly identify, raise, gain approval, and execute, in collaboration with external and internal partners, to deliver improvement opportunities within the raw material supply chain against targets.
• Lead or participate in design changes to existing components and sub-assemblies, in partnership with appropriate design resources supporting lifecycle activities. As well as, partner with Research & Development to deliver new product introductions and ensure the receipt of a stable and capable process into sustaining engineering for on-going lifecycle technical support.
• Lead or participate in raw material projects across multiple manufacturing sites beyond Añasco where common supply streams exist.
• Cultivate deep and meaningful partnerships for key cross-functional partners including peers in Procurement, Supplier Quality, PLAN, and design, as well as a wide array of extended partners (e.g. plant quality and engineering, regulatory, operations, etc.) to deliver results and solutions, manage risks, and react to issues on assigned projects and activities.
• Maintain and expand personal technical knowledge and skills across multiple process, materials, engineering technologies, and manufacturing techniques to successfully lead a wide array of technical projects and activities.
• Manage the budget for all assigned projects from need identification and justification, through approval, asset delivery, asset installation, supplier payment, documentation closeout, and capture of any related savings.
• Maintain relationships with other Technical Operations Engineers and Scientists as well as other company functions to engage subject matter expertise on assigned projects as required. Represent a strong technical voice to the suppliers and within the local site environment in support of the Manager.
• Ensure the Johnson & Johnson Vision Technical Operations management is appraised of all aspects of assigned raw material projects and other activities as risk, issues, urgency, and progress dictate.
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering is required; Engineering, Biomedical, and Technology fields are preferred. An advanced degree is preferred.
• Professional Engineer License is preferred.
• Six Sigma/Process Excellence/Lean, Project Management (e.g. PMP, PMI, FPX), and Master Molder certifications are preferred.
• A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience is required.
• Demonstrated technical project management skills and experience are preferred.
• Demonstrated Six Sigma/Process Excellence/Lean skills and related tool usage are highly preferred.
• Experience in plastic injection molding processes, materials, part/tool design and systems, metrology equipment and inspection systems, Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T), and related skills and technologies is preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely communicate across multiple organizational levels and functions, directly and remotely, and across global cultures is required.
• Experience in a production environment and in a regulated medical industry, and all related competencies (e.g. GMP, compliance, processes) are preferred.
• Proficiency in English is required; Spanish (oral and written) is preferred.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required.
• This position requires twenty-five to fifty percent (25-50%) of domestic and international travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Puerto Rico-Anasco
AMO Puerto Rico Manufacturing, Inc. (Branch) (7239)