Johnson & Johnson Careers
Key Account Manager, Academic Sales - Northeast Region - Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc.
Requisition ID: 1503180515
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Key Account Manager covering the Northeast Region which includes New York, New Jersey, Philadelphia and Baltimore.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery with, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio. Leader in Premium IOL and TECNIS brand. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Primary Job Function
The Key Account Manager (KAM) – Academic Sales will be responsible for achieving sales and MBO goals along with building professional relationships to influence future sales in a specified geography targeting Academic & Government Customers (Teaching Hospitals, Affiliated surgical centers, and VA Hospitals). Targeted customers within these facilities will include key attending faculty, program directors, chairman, residents and fellows. The primary focus of this role will be to grow sales and market share with Vision products. Also to include creating product advocates among faculty/residents/fellows in Vision’s key products (IOLS, OVD, Phaco, and CATALYS). The Strategic Account Manager will report directly to the Senior Manager, U.S. Sales, Academic Sales.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and Procedures.
- The broad skill sets and responsibilities required for the KAM include the ability to manage a large sales territory, increase sales versus quota, grow brand recognition, achieve MBOs, Increase market share and drive sales at key and affiliated academic targeted accounts.
- The Strategic Account Manager must demonstrate confidence and business acumen to work with the leaders of large/complex academic and government accounts and also be an asset in the OR with attending physicians/faculty/residents/fellows.
- In addition to multi layered account management, the KAM must also be able to develop Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and product champions within the academic/government programs to help introduce Vision cataract products into historically competitor-dominated accounts.
- The technical skills required to be successful in this position include a thorough knowledge of cataract surgery and portfolio of cataract products to include the Signature/Signature Pro phacoemulsification systems, IOLs (loading and insertion), Multifocal IOL, IOL, IOL and family of . The Strategic Account Manager will be required to work within an assigned annual budget and meet all MBO goals.
- The KAM will be proficient in demonstrating the use of , Multifocal, , Signature PRO, and products in an operating room and wet lab setting.
- The KAM will manage marketing and T&E budgets of approximately $150,000 and will be responsible for working with the entire Johnson and Johnson Vision sales team within their targeted accounts.
- This KAM will create business plans they will follow to ensure they have a high likelihood of achieving sales objectives.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required.
- 2- 4 years previous OR/Pharma sales experience is required.
- 2-3 years of ophthalmology sales experience is preferred.
- Candidate will required to attend Johnson and Johnson Vision’s AE and PS training classes followed by in the field training with members of the SAM and cataract sales team inclusive of FSTs. After one month of training the candidate will be ready to discuss our IOL and OVD products with customers.
- Candidate will be able to commit to 30%+ travel.
If you want to explore the many small-company environments behind the big-company impact of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, bid on this position today!
BE VITAL in your career. Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family.
United States-New York-
North America-United States-New Jersey, North America-United States-Maryland-Baltimore, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
AMO Sales and Services, Inc. (6238)