Johnson & Johnson Careers
Staff Technical Operations Scientist
Anasco, Puerto Rico
Requisition ID: 1495180515
Johnson & Johnson Vision, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Staff Technical Operations Scientist.
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
As the Staff Technical Operations Scientist, you will:
• Participate in the local cross-functional operational governance process that prioritizes projects across quality, delivery, and cost, assign cross-functional resources for execution, and provide updates on assigned projects against commitments.
• Lead or participate in a wide range of technical projects utilizing appropriate Project Management and Six Sigma/Process Excellence tools.
• Deliver, through cross-functional coordination, end to end technical project activities. This includes related regulatory, clinical, marketing, and other actions required to bring the project to market.
• Lead or participate in complex quality and failure investigations involving raw material suppliers, partner with the appropriate cross-functional resources and serve as the subject matter expertise to identify root cause and implement corrective action.
• Provide guidance and input to leadership as it relates to the ability of raw material suppliers to maintain adequate capacity to support the demand forecast.
• Anticipate future constraints and raises, gain approval, and execute activities in advance of any constraints to ensure continuity of supply to customers.
• Employ detailed knowledge of injection molding process parameters, tool/part design, assembly processes and techniques, Lean Six Sigma tools, and other engineering techniques to constantly identify, raise, gain approval, and execute, in collaboration with external and internal partners, to deliver improvement opportunities within the raw material supply chain against targets.
• Lead or participate in design changes to existing components and sub-assemblies, in partnership with appropriate design resources supporting lifecycle activities.
• Partner with Research & Development (R&D) to deliver new product introductions ensuring the receipt of a stable and capable process into sustaining engineering on-going lifecycle technical support.
• Manage the budget for all assigned projects from need identification and justification, through approval, asset delivery, asset installation, supplier payment, documentation closeout, and capture of any related savings. This includes leading or participating in raw material projects across multiple manufacturing sites beyond Añasco, PR where common supply streams exist.
• Guide junior Engineers, integrate all resources, and collaborate with other Technical Operations professionals and Company functions, to engage subject matter expertise on assigned projects as needed. This includes connecting with the Johnson & Johnson’s Plastics and Biomaterials Network (PBN) and other technical communities to leverage best practices, and stay informed of appropriate technology road maps.
• Cultivate deep and meaningful relationships for key cross-functional partners including peers in Procurement, Supplier Quality, PLAN, and design, as well as a wide array of extended partners (e.g. plant quality and engineering, regulatory, operations, etc.) to deliver results and solutions, manage risks, and react to issues on assigned projects and activities.
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering is required; Engineering, Biomedical, and Technology fields are preferred. An advanced degree is preferred.
• Professional Engineer License is preferred; Six Sigma/Process Excellence/Lean, Project Management (PMP, PMI, FPX, and master molder certifications are preferred.
• A minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience is required.
• Significant experience in plastic injection molding processes, materials, part/tool design and systems, metrology equipment and inspection systems, Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T), and related skills and technologies is required.
• Demonstrated technical project management skills and experience are preferred.
• Demonstrated Six Sigma/Process Excellence/Lean skills and related tool usage are highly preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely communicate across multiple organizational levels and functions, directly and remotely, and across global cultures is required.
• Some level of people management skills through either direct reporting relationships or project management relationships is preferred.
• Experience in a production environment and in a regulated medical industry, and all related competencies (e.g. GMP, compliance, processes) are preferred.
• Proficiency in English is required; proficiency in Spanish (oral and written) is preferred.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required; Minitab is preferred.
• This position requires up to fifty percent (50%) of domestic and international travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Puerto Rico-Anasco
AMO Puerto Rico Manufacturing, Inc. (Branch) (7239)