Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director, EHS&S Program Separation and Transition
Requisition ID: 1494180907
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Director, Environmental Health, Safety and Sustainability (EHS&S) Program Separation and Transition Director. The position is a limited duration role of up to 12 months.
The Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies have been working to make surgery better for more than a century. With substantial breadth and depth in surgical technologies, orthopedic and interventional solutions, we aspire to improve and enhance medical care for people worldwide. Together, we are working to shape the future of health through differentiated products and services.
The EHS&S Program Separation and Transition Director will be responsible for directing the separation of EHS&S Programs at up to 12 sites that are currently in the MAKE portfolio and transition the said programs to an external supplier that will be responsible for operating impacted locations including site EHS&S programs. The role will be responsible for executing an EHS&S separation plan across the impacted sites. This role will collaborate closely with on-site EHS&S SME (Subject Matter Experts), and other functions areas including Project Management Office, Human Resources, Communications, and Global Health Services. The role will have extensive responsibilities interfacing and patterning with an EHS peer at the external supplier company.
Where co-ownership of project deliverables is imperative, the role will require joint responsibility with the External Supplier for delivering the end results. In this situation, the majority of activity required will be completed through co-creation between J&J and the external supplier. The Director will anticipate and collaborate to meet mutually agreed upon milestones and end results and ensure the joint program plan is subject to joint tracking and approvals.
In situations where J&J owns full responsibility for certain EHS&S project deliverables, the role will work with site SMEs and other internal EHS resources to drive activity, internally track project work to completion in the absence of collaboration with the external supplier.
The role will be responsible for partnering with the EHS Leadership at the external supplier, delivering contract requirements, coordinating logistics and handling of EHS&S related data and programs. The role will be responsible for establishing a strong EHS&S strategic partnership, to ensure contract terms are met, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are understood and are capable of being delivered by the external supplier. Additionally, the role will create a long-term vision to ensure JNJ EHS&S strategic goals and plans can be maintained inclusive of external supplier site EHS&S aspects and impacts that may contribute to JNJ supply chain and outwardly facing EHS&S goals and objectives. Where absent, the role will require the development of systems to interface with JNJ Product Stewardship requirements both legal and internally required.
With a holistic approach to EHS&S, this role will create and drive new levels of engagement and strategic partnership with an important external supplier. This position will report to the EHS&S Due Diligence and Integration Director.
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical device markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high-quality products and services to help heal, cure disease and improve the quality of life.
The successful applicant can be based anywhere worldwide, however, preference to an applicant stationed in the United States (NJ, PA. NY, CO, NM or TX), Germany, Switzerland, Austria or Mexico (Juarez). Relocation is not available for this position.
• Finalize and deploy transition and separation of site EHS&S Programs from J&J Medical Device companies to external supplier.
• Creation of EHS&S Product Stewardship program interfaces with J&J and external supplier.
• Utilize the four definitions of ownership associated with this project (Internally owned, External Supplier input/visibility, external supplier owned, joint ownership)
• Partner and liaison with Global Health
• Partner with External Supplier to jointly ensure delivery of EHS&S Program transition
• Provide significant collaboration between J&J and external supplier to ensure mutually agreed milestones of program transition, separation and end-result are met.
• Successfully partner with external supplier to create a joint program plan subject to joint tracking and approvals.
• Support the development of initiatives to sustain the EHS&S relationship with divested sites.
• Develop and execute targeted employee engagement strategy and programs that will drive our vision to help people and places be safer and healthier across the J&J enterprise
• Collaborate and engage multiple stakeholders across enterprise functions to develop and implement comprehensive, engaging and multi-faceted internal engagement initiatives
• Work with site EHS&S SMEs to complete Project goals
• Partner with the communications team to implement appropriate internal communications aligned with overall project strategies
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required
• An advanced scientific degree (MS) or MBA is preferred
• Minimum 10 years’ experience, with 2 years’ direct people/team management is required
• Experience of working in a matrix / corporate environment is required
• Demonstrated experience with program deployment and engagement with external suppliers is required
• Demonstrated experience with EHS&S Program separation planning and deployment is required
• Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills are required
• Excellent Project Management Skills are preferred
• Ability to influence and lead non-direct reporting team members is preferred
• Experience with international audiences and companies are required
• Ability to manage multiple, diverse stakeholders in a matrix environment is required
• Skills in collaborating effectively with key stakeholders to ensure operational responsiveness to challenges and alignment with business imperatives are required
• The role will be required to lead or attend meetings during non-traditional hours
• Strong project management skills and delivers results are required
• Strong English skills both written and oral are required
• The willingness to work for a duration of approximately one year is required
• This role requires up to 25% travel both domestically and internationally
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
Johnson & Johnson International (6078)
Environmental Health & Safety