Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Process Safety Management Specialist
Gurabo, Puerto Rico
Environmental Health & Safety
Requisition ID: 1492180911
Janssen Ortho LLC, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Process Safety Management Specialist.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. provides medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas, including Cardiovascular, Metabolic, Mental Health, and Pain Management. Please visit www.JanssenPharmaceuticalsInc.com for more information. We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
As the Senior Process Safety Management Specialist, you will:
• Develop and implement Process Safety Management (PSM) program elements, including leading investigations and root cause analysis, assessing PSM and reliability systems (mechanical integrity systems).
• Support the Environmental Health Safety & Security (EHS&S) department to ensure OSHA and company standards compliance always.
• Provide leadership, counsel, and technical assistance to all levels of the organization in the field of Process Safety Management to attain safety, and environmental goals, production, quality and cost goals.
• Lead and document the Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) of existing/new processes and its corresponding Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA) tracking.
• Lead incident investigations or root cause analyses, handle compliance requirements for US-OSHA PSM (29 CFR 1910.119) regulation and apply risk-reduction strategies to mitigate process risk associated with PSM.
• Lead (facilitate, conduct, document) Pre-Start-up Safety Reviews (PSSR), auditing for regulatory and company compliance, review EHS&S and PSM aspects of capital projects and prepare/submit reports as required by the government, regulatory agencies, Johnson & Johnson Worldwide EHS&S and industry associations.
• Facilitate compliance audits, assist management in conducting risk assessments, conduct hazard assessments, determine root-causes, recommend solutions to identified hazards, design/implement solutions and participate on health and safety teams, participate on investigations of process-related accidents/incidents and use Track Wise system or current system to document findings CAPA.
• Lead emergency response team related activities such as recruiting, capacitation and emergency coordination.
• Establish and maintain communication partnership with state emergency management agencies, act as emergency coordinator for the site, and lead the Contractors Safety Management and Safe Work permits program as part of the PSM program element requirements.
• Lead other general safety programs (e.g. confined spaces, lockout tag out, fall prevention), participate in external and internal audits (e.g. EHS&S Comprehensive audit, ISO 14001, Regulatory compliance audits PSM, Contractors Focus Audits, inspections by local government agencies), and acknowledge/follow-up on employee’s safety concerns, Near Misses and complaints.
• Evaluate Safety Data Sheet (SDS) of all chemicals used at the facility and review the SDS of new chemicals purchased to determine the health effects resulting from exposure.
• Comply with the operating company’s policies, good manufacturing practices and Environmental, Health & Safety procedures; coordinate comprehensive audit process for the assigned EH&S programs, focused in annual self-assessment, Corrective Plan and Preventive, plan (CAPA) development, track progress towards CAPA due dates, and participate/lead EHS&S or Credo Team and awareness activities.
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Engineering (e.g. Chemical or Mechanical Engineering). A master’s degree is preferred.
• OSHA 30 hours in General Industry, OSHA 30 hours in General Construction, Process Safety Management principles, and Process Hazard Analysis techniques training are preferred.
• A minimum of six (6) years of experience in a manufacturing regulated environment is required.
• Experience in the Pharmaceutical industry is helpful.
• Experience in Process Safety Management is required, including: experience identifying, evaluating and controlling safety risks in the workplace and subsequent solutions.
• Knowledge of Federal and State regulations relative to Process Safety Management (e.g. US-OSHA PSM 29 CFR 1910.119) is required.
• Experience leading emergency response teams (incipient & exterior firefighting) is required.
• Experience in large and complex projects (project management) is preferred.
• Proficiency in English and Spanish (oral and written) is required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required.
• This position requires up to ten percent (10%) of travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Puerto Rico-Gurabo
Janssen Ortho LLC (2162)
Environmental Health & Safety