Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Scientist, Toxicology
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 1487190408
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Scientist, Toxicology located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
This Senior Scientist in Toxicology/Pathology/Lab Animal Medicine, a department in the Nonclinical Safety (NCS) organization within Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., supports nonclinical safety evaluation in late discovery and development for various therapeutic areas.
- Design of early toxicology studies, integrated scientific data interpretation and close collaboration with nonclinical representatives.
- Study director of in vivo studies in support of late discovery projects.
- Oversee and monitor contracted in vivo toxicology studies in support of late discovery and development projects.
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team within NCS, and depending on skills and experience, also within the discovery organization, representing NCS.
- Participate on issue-resolution teams through active engagement in scientific discussions and the shaping of strategies designed to support and inform critical development decisions.
- Provide strong scientific input regarding potential mechanisms of toxicity in molecular pathways and propose appropriate follow-up. Maintain up-to-date knowledge regarding innovative approaches in (predictive) toxicological research.
- Work independently, foster constructive cross-functional collaborations with both internal and external partners, manage conflicts and be able to prioritize work load.
- The candidate will contribute to the success of NCS through active participation in internal and external committees / working groups and will closely interact with scientists in other functional areas including Pathology, Mechanistic and Investigational Toxicology, Bioanalysis, Toxicokinetics, and development project leaders in the US and Belgium.
- A Master’s degree in Toxicology or related life science with at least 6 years of relevant experience OR a PhD in Toxicology or related life science with relevant experience OR a DVM with proven research experience is required
- At least 2-3 years of experience as a Study Director or Toxicologist is required
- Experience conducting non-GLP and/or GLP toxicology studies supporting projects in late stage discovery through development is required
- Knowledge of traditional in vivo toxicology models is required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to negotiate and influence decision-making processes, think and manage issues to resolution, contribute to study teams and scientific discussions are required
- Capable of making fast decisions when necessary, while maintaining positive and inclusive team relationships, is required
- Personal leadership skills, a pro-active and flexible attitude, sense of urgency and excellent collaboration skills are required
- A record of scientific data evaluation, integrated safety assessment, and scientific writing is preferred
- Strong critical thinking skills and a strong scientific knowledge in toxicology, pathology, and drug metabolism/pharmacokinetics, and an ability to apply this knowledge to influence development programs are preferred
- Experience in CNS, Oncology, Immunology, Cardiovascular, and/or Metabolism therapeutic areas is preferred
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-Welsh & McKean Roads
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)