Johnson & Johnson Careers
Formulations Technician III
Requisition ID: 1478190405
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting a Formulations Technician III in Jacksonville FL.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care is the contact lens division of the largest and most comprehensive manufacturer of healthcare products in the world. Johnson & Johnson Vision Care has established itself in 20 years as the world leader in contact lenses and its ACUVUE® brand is currently the No. 1 selling lens in the world and is distributed in over 70 countries worldwide.
At Johnson & Johnson Vision, we have a bold ambition: to change the trajectory of eye health. That’s why, through our operating companies, we’ve developed solutions for every stage of life—to help people see better, connect better and live better. We partner with eye care professionals to provide some of the world’s leading products and technologies to address refractive error, cataracts, dry eye, and beyond. We are committed to using our reach and size for good, and strive to put quality eye care within reach of everyone, everywhere. Visit us at www.jjvision.com. Follow @JNJVision on Twitter and Johnson & Johnson Vision on LinkedIn.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law
- Under minimal supervision, performs all responsibilities as a multi-skilled, multi-tasking individual in an empowered work team.
- Performs a variety of required tasks including preparation of saline solutions, Methyl Cellulose (MEC) Solutions, Polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP) Solution and Reactive Monomer Mix to support the production of contact lenses.
- Able to perform sanitization and regeneration of all associated equipment as necessary to meet quality specifications and to conform to established standards.
- Performs all chemical reactions required for the production of Reactive Monomer Mixture including the preliminary chemical reactions of subcomponents.
- Maintains current knowledge and adheres to provisions of FDA, OSHA, GMP, MPs, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, equipment specifications and process specifications.
- Executes all preparatory steps required for successful monomer transportation. Responsible for receiving and shipping IPA/PG and maintaining hazardous waste rooms.
- Vigilant for shop safety, environmental safety, ergonomics and hazardous energy control.
- Investigates alternative methods and procedures to reduce variability and improve equipment reliability. Provides technical training and direction to lower level Formulations Technicians on the operation and troubleshooting of the production machinery and processes (Technicians II through IV).
- Adheres to environmental policy and procedures and supports departmental environmental objectives.
- Troubleshoot and resolve Formulations system issues
- Prepare, review and maintain Formulation documentation for adherence to GMP/ISO/PSM/EH&S requirements
- Perform Formulations activities
- Provide direction and training for Formulations Technicians
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management
- Purchase General Operating Supplies
- Maintain Inventory Levels in SAP
- A minimum of a HS Diploma required.
- An Associates Degree or Bachelor of Arts/Science degree preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in production/manufacturing facility is required.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience working with chemistry/solutions processing is required.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in an FDA regulated industry is required.
- Strong organizational, analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Proficiency with the utilization of computer, applications and experience with the Microsoft platform (PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Excel) is required.
- Proven understanding of FDA/ISO/GMP regulations is required
- Ability to organize and prioritize projects and handle multiple tasks is required
- Ability to operate a powered industrial vehicle and lift up to 23 pounds is required
- Available for mandatory overtime and emergency call-ins as dictated by business needs
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)