Johnson & Johnson Careers
SYSTEMS ENGINEER - ROBOTICS & CONTROLS
Requisition ID: 1477190805
Auris Health, Inc. is recruiting for a Systems Engineer - Robotics & Controls. This position will be located in Redwood City, CA
Auris Health, Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is transforming medical intervention. By combining advancements in medical robotics, instrumentation, navigation and data science, Auris is building a platform technology capable of expanding the applicability of robotics to a spectrum of medical procedures.
The Systems - Robotics and Controls Engineer will contribute significantly to the development of Auris’ most advanced robotic surgical platform. The primary focus of this position will be the design, implementation, and verification of robotic control subsystems and/or algorithms based on clinical, user, and safety requirements, which includes both software and hardware considerations. As a Systems Engineer, you will assist in the design of the system, providing in-depth analysis and experimental data to help guide important decisions.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement control algorithms for custom surgical robots, end-effectors, medical instruments, and other electro-mechanical subsystems
- Perform modeling, analysis, and controls development for the system and/or subsystems
- Work with clinicians and engineers to define and verify robotics and control engineering requirements
- Work in cross functional teams to accomplish system integration and perform engineering verification
- Contribute to overall electromechanical system design and control
- Other related duties as may be assigned
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
- Required: Master or Bachelor+3 years in Robotics, Mechatronics, Control, or equivalent areas
- Hands-on experience on robotic or electromechanical system control
- Demonstrated experience in electromechanical system design, implementation, integration, debugging, verification, and testing
- Expertise in robot kinematics and dynamics
- Familiar with digital control and signal processing
- Familiar with electrical and mechanical principles of sensors and actuators
- Experience in Matlab, Python and C++ programming
- Experience with real-time control systems is a plus (RTLinux, QNX, xPCTarget, Labview Realtime. etc)
- Ability to work in a regulated environment in compliance to ISO 13485 and 21 CFR 820
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-California-Redwood City-
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)