Johnson & Johnson Careers
SENIOR DIRECTOR CDTL
Requisition ID: 1474190806
Retinal Compound Development Team Leader, Senior Director
Janssen Research and Development, L. L. C., a member of Johnson and Johnsons Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Sr. Director, Compound Development Team Leader - Retinal to be located in Raritan, NJ. At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found. Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases.
Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Thriving on a diverse company culture celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion.
The Compound Development Team Leader (CDTL) is responsible for development and execution of the global compound strategy for significant pre-approval development and lifecycle management activities. In alignment with research and commercial strategies to address the unmet needs of patients suffering from rare inherited retinal diseases, the CDTL is accountable for the programs of 3 clinical assets. Using Janssen’s new gene therapy platform, the CDTL leads the team to deliver lifecycle programs in a timely and cost-effective manner and is responsible for the execution of the compound strategy and product development. Team leadership via matrix interactions includes individuals from TA strategy, global regulatory affairs, project management, finance, legal, quality assurance, quality monitoring & compliance, clinical supplies unit, drug discovery, early clinical development, strategic marketing, CM, preclinical department and other scientific and business-related disciplines. Experience managing external partnerships is preferred.
- Lead the design and implementation of a robust cross-functional development strategy for designated compound(s) to meet the target product profile/quality standards, obtain regulatory approval, demonstrate value and achieve target reimbursement
- Lead the development and optimization of the compound lifecycle strategy in order to maximize the full potential of the asset
- Lead CDT team to drive compound development, enable effective strategy planning and decision making, and achieve governance strategic alignment with senior leaders
- Ensure effective planning to secure resources that the CDT needs to achieve its goals & objectives and proactively anticipate and address strategic and operational needs and challenges to resolve critical risks and communicate to all stake holders
- Champion the product at all levels of J&J while bringing the portfolio perspective to the CDT
- Partner closely with the external partner to ensure timely execution of the development strategy
- Contribute to CDT members development via feedback, coaching and talent development
- Ensure robust and strategically aligned publications, IIS, clinical trial and RWE initiatives globally
- Drive and maintain external alliances for partnered products
- Represent CDT among external stakeholders
- A doctoral degree in the life sciences, chemistry or medicine preferred (or MBA with bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in life sciences)
- 10 years industry experience and leading cross functional teams. Additional education and significant academic or industry experience in drug development is desirable.
- Deep understanding of the product clinical utility and scientific/disease areas and expertise in current and innovative therapeutic development paradigms (e.g.: drugs, devices, diagnostics, prevention)
- Prior experience in developing drugs for retinal diseases, rare diseases, or gene therapy is preferred. Matrix leadership: Leads project teams through various governance forums and partners with stakeholders to balance needs of compound with needs of portfolio
- Team leadership: Motivate team to deliver, building cohesion, ensuring resilience and positivity under pressure
- Recognize and resolve conflicts; and coach & build high performing teams as well as foster credo-based mindset
- Strategic agility: understanding big picture for compound and Janssen portfolio, translating scientific and business concepts into short- and long-term deliverables and managing ambiguity, making decisions with incomplete data
- Communication: Uses skillful communication to influence and build consensus on CDT strategies and objectives; enable smooth, timely and high-quality information flows into, out of and across CDT, and credibly represents Janssen to external stakeholders (health authorities, government, or media)
- Track record of delivering results for complex projects, extensive collaborative partnership and implementing new ideas in response/anticipation to new challenges.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)