Johnson & Johnson Careers
Consumable Product Specialist- Pittsburgh, PA - Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP)
Requisition ID: 1469180618
The Cardiovascular & Specialty Solutions (CSS) Group, part of the Medical Devices sector within Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for a Consumable Product Specialist aligned to ASP, located in Pittsburgh, PA. The CSS Group consists of six diverse businesses including Acclarent, Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP), Biosense Webster (BWI), Codman Neuro, Mentor, and Sterilmed. The CSS Group serves a diverse base of customers in Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT), Infection Prevention, Electrophysiology (EP), Neurovascular and Neurosurgery, Surgical and Non-Surgical Aesthetics, and Reprocessing.
Johnson & Johnson announced that it has received a binding offer from Fortive Corporation to acquire Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP). If the offer is accepted, the proposed transaction would be expected to close no later than early 2019, subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory approvals. Upon completion of the transaction, employment with ASP will transfer to Fortive according to local law.
Healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) have a devastating personal and economic impact, claiming the lives of 99,000 people in the U.S. each year at a cost of up to $45 billion. Ensuring that all surgical devices are properly sterilized is one way healthcare workers can help reduce the incidences of HAIs, and ASP has been partnering with hospitals for decades to safeguard patient health and safety. ASP has a strong track record of designing and delivering innovative infection-prevention solutions, from low-temperature steam sterilization to high-level disinfection, and is a global market leader setting the standard in sterilization.
This position is responsible for establishing and maintaining positive customer relationships and ensuring customer satisfaction. The Consumable Product Specialist works directly with key ASP customers, focusing primarily ASP’s consumable product lines. The Consumable Product Specialist is accountable for the customer experience. The Consumable Product Specialist will focus account management activities primarily on hospitals within an assigned territory.
· The Consumable Product Specialist will be responsible to maintain and increase all ASP consumable product sales in a manner consistent with company goals in the assigned territory.
· Collaborate closely with the Account Managers in order to achieve positive results for the customer.
· Interface with headquarters support (Customer Care, Product Complaints, Tech Service) on behalf of customers to assist in resolving issues and ensure the best possible customer experience.
· Use consultative selling techniques to identify solutions to meet customer needs through increased usage of existing ASP products and the introduction of new ASP products to the hospital.
· Establish and maintain optimum account call frequencies which lead to better relationships with the customer, better understanding of the customer’s business and needs, and the accomplishment of the sales quota.
· Analyze territory consumable sales potential and develop sales execution plans that maximizes consumable product category sales at or in excess of the company plan.
· Continually acquire, maintain and expand personal understanding of features, benefits, applications and market conditions, which enhance the needs for our current and future products.
· Document sales activities within the Company’s established Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
· Identify and manage tracing issues to ensure revenue in their accounts is accurately captured.
· Operate the territorial business within the guidelines expressed in the J&J Business Conduct Policy, HCC policy, and the J&J credo. Develops, communicates, and executes a yearly business plan for consumable goods. Submits and executes an accurate forecast for consumable products on a monthly and quarterly basis.
· A minimum of a Bachelor Degree is required. 4-6 years business, clinical, or sales experience is preferred.
· Experience in selling consumable medical products is preferred. Knowledge of central sterile and GI processes is preferred.
· Experience with the Cognos system, Project Management skills, and Influencing skills highly preferred.
· Candidates must possess a valid driver's license issued in the United States
· The ability to travel related to this role is required.
· Demands of the job include 50% travel by car and air throughout a regional area that may encompass more than one state.
All employees have a duty to care for their safety and for the safety of others whom may be affected by their acts or omissions at work and the environment. Therefore it is the duty of every employee to: Respect and apply safety rules and procedures at all times; Use personal protective equipment and safety devices as required; Promote industrial hygiene and safety matters; Report incidents and damages to management whether injuries are involved or not; Participate in incident investigation; Report hazards to management; Ensure a high standard of housekeeping in the work area; Be a safety role-model to all employees; Make suggestions to improve safety at the workplace; Actively participate in department EHS committee; Engage in environmental awareness and participation towards ASP’s environmental goals and programs. All employees have a duty to comply with applicable laws, regulations, standards, J&J policies and ASP policies and procedures
Johnson & Johnson Companies are equal opportunity employers
Ethicon US, LLC (6040)