Johnson & Johnson Careers
STAFF SYSTEMS ENGINEER, SURGICAL ROBOTICS
Requisition ID: 1448190408
Ethicon, a part of the Johnson and Johnson family of companies, is currently recruiting a Staff Systems Engineer for the development of surgical robots and instruments in their Cincinnati, Ohio location.
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made meaningful contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. This is an opportunity for a key role in bringing exciting new products to market to support the J&J / Google robotics venture. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
Our R&D team of engineers, designers and technical experts are in the forefront of technology in the medical device industry. You will be making a vital contribution to the New Product Development pipeline and transforming patient care through innovation. This is an opportunity for a key role in bringing exciting new products to market enabling significant professional growth.
Job Summary and Responsibilities
Work with internal and external development teams to deliver a novel surgical robot platform and advanced surgical tools.
This position will involve leading Systems Engineering activities across complex electro-mechanical surgical device programs. Integrate the work of multiple technical disciplines. Demonstrable communication skills, both written and oral as well as effective leadership are required.
- Contribute to the technical leadership within traditional systems engineering functions by providing active technical engagement within requirements capture, decomposition, trace management, verification, risk management or issue tracking, among others.
- Contribute to system design by performing requirements allocation, decomposition, and analysis as needed to ensure clear and unambiguous design specifications.
- Contribute to product realization by performing trace analysis, risk management, verification effort or other functions necessary to establish the safety and effectiveness of the product.
- Proactively determine and lead other resources necessary to perform systems engineering activities while minimizing impact to program
- Lead the resolution of cross-functional and platform issues, tradeoffs, and risk in accordance with system objectives.
- Manage the integration of subsystems in accordance with program requirements.
- BS/MS in an engineering discipline (Systems, Mechanical, Electrical, Software)
- Minimum of six (6) years in an engineering role including at least three (3) years in a system engineering role on a large product development / complex systems development
- Demonstrated effectiveness in leading and collaborating across organizational boundaries (e.g. project teams, functions, and partner organizations)
- Working knowledge of system-level tools and processes used for requirements management, risk management, issue tracking or test automation
- Strong understanding of Systems Engineering activities with relevant professional expertise in at least one System Engineering area (requirements management, verification or other related activity)
- Previous experience with surgical devices, procedures, and direct interaction with customers
- Experience within a medical or highly regulated environment is preferred;
- Familiarity with principles of Functional Safety or Protective Systems in accordance with industry standards
- Professional expertise in tools and/or processes related to requirements, risk, and/or configuration management.
This position is based in Cincinnati, Ohio, and may involve up to 20% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)
R&D Engineering (R&D)