Johnson & Johnson Careers
Principal Manufacturing Engineer
El Paso, Texas; Juarez, Mexico
Requisition ID: 1447190807
Biosense Webster, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is hiring a Principal Engineer in the Juarez, Mexico area.
Atrial fibrillation (AFIB) is a quivering or irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia) that can lead to blood clots, stroke, heart failure and other heart-related complications. 20 million people around the world suffer from AFIB each year. Biosense Webster, Inc. is the global leader in the science of diagnosing and treating heart rhythm disorders. The company established its leadership in electrophysiology with the development of the first real-time, 3D cardiac mapping and navigation technology, as well as the first electrophysiology catheter. The introduction of the company’s CARTO® 3 System in 2009 revolutionized 3D mapping technology by increasing the accuracy, speed, and efficiency of the cardiac ablation procedure.
The Principal Engineer adds value through the knowledge of process engineering; provides support to the stabilization and to the life cycle of projects for continuous improvement from the identification to the execution and closing in terms of cost, quality, efficiency and time cycle.
Under limited supervision and in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws/regulations and Corporate Johnson & Johnson, procedures and guidelines, this position:
• Responsible for the leadership and execution of technology projects (with emphasis in equipment and automation) focused on the reduction of the variation originated by process and/or product design that influences positively in the metrics of the business, strategic directions and financial results.
• Act as the innovation leader for the Manufacturing Engineering team; responsible for new technologies identification, screening, feasibility evaluations and testing. Support and facilitate the manufacturing technology road map in alignment with site needs.
• Identify and lead technology and technical projects in his/her manufacturing site and/or with suppliers, in order to improve the capacity process, yields, cost and/or quality of the product, in alignment with business strategies and objectives.
• Identifies and executes cost improvement projects to support the manufacturing supply chain goals and/or of the suppliers.
• Responsible for communicating business related issues or opportunities to next management level Responsible for ensuring subordinates follow all Company guidelines related to Health, Safety and Environmental practices and that all resources needed to do so are available and in good condition
• Performs other duties assigned as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
• 8 years of hands-on experience in a manufacturing environment
• Strong Project Management knowledge and experience
• Experience working on automated equipment projects
• Experience in the medical devices or pharmaceutical manufacturing industry
• Strong knowledge and experience of equipment and process characterization and validation within FDA and ISO regulated industry
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams & collaboration with global counterparts
• Effective communication skills, written, spoken and in presentation in both English and Spanish
• Ability to manage projects, lead teams in different places performing projects.
• Computing skills:
o Hands on Experience in the use of Microsoft Software’s such as Word, excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, as well as Minitab statistical software
o Basic Knowledge of CAD (Inventor & SolidWorks) software to work with designers
• Technical competences:
o Equipment design and automatization
o Test methods development and validation
• Travel: 15%
• Advanced Degree in in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
• PMP or FPX certification
• Technical skills, preferably:
o Mechanical and electrical skills
o Process characterization
o Electrical, electronic and control systems
o Generation of FMEA
o Equipment Specification and supplier management
• Technical competences:
o Lean and Six Sigma knowledge and experience
o Fixtures design
o Process validation
o Process technical writing
o Regulations knowledge
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Texas-El Paso-
Biosense Webster Inc. (6010)