Janssen Research & Development, LLC., a Johnson and Johnson Company is recruiting for an Associate Director, Epidemiology, to be located in Titusville, NJ; Spring House, PA; or Raritan, NJ.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC. is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Epidemiology Asia-Pacific function is part of the Global Epidemiology department in Janssen to support cross-therapeutic areas in Asia-Pacific and global by generating and disseminating real-world evidence about disease, treatment, health service utilization, and safety and effects of medical products from healthcare data analyses as well as prospective Epidemiology studies.
In this position, the Associate Director will lead and implement the Epidemiology Asia-Pacific strategy under the supervision of more senior members of the Global Epidemiology department. The responsibilities include:
- Identify research study needs, implementing solutions, draft proposals and protocols, review study protocols and statistical analysis plans, and contribute to study conduct across multiple therapeutic areas.
- Collaborate with various global teams across therapeutic areas to align global, regional, and country Epidemiology strategies and to enhance communication and networking within the department and within the company.
- Participate in various workforces in addressing research questions raised by product teams/regulatory agencies
- Provide epidemiological and/or statistical consulting and support to product teams and to the different consortia that Janssen is part of, and disseminate technical information through technical reports, presentation, and publication in peer-reviewed literature as agreed by the team
- Keep up to date with Regulatory Agencies regarding regulatory requirements for Post Approval Authorization Studies and Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies plans in global and in Asia-Pacific region.
Ph.D. in epidemiology OR M.D. with training and degree in Epidemiology or a closely related field is required
Experience and Skills:
- At least 3 years of hands-on Epidemiology research experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with multiple functional teams
- Experience with writing protocols in general, understanding and the ability to interpret quantitative methods, and results interpretations of observational studies
- Experience working with large administrative or medical records databases
- Pharmaceutical or Medical Device and Diagnostics industry experience
- Experience working with health authorities
- Phase III/IV experience
This position is based in Titusville, NJ; Spring House, PA; or Raritan, NJ campuses of Johnson & Johnson.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville-
North America-United States-New Jersey-Raritan, United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)