Johnson & Johnson Careers
Process Engineering Manager
Requisition ID: 1435180514
DePuy Synthes is currently recruiting for a Process Engineer Manager to be located in Monument, CO.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
As a Process Engineering Manager at the DePuy Synthes Monument, CO manufacturing facility, you will play a key role in creating a safe, compliant, and reliable production environment while transformation activities to optimize manufacturing processes at a facility that delivers critical life restoring orthopedic implants to the world.
This position will be responsible for leading a diverse team that is responsible for equipment maintenance, frontline manufacturing support, and end-to-end transformational project. The incumbent will champion manufacturing practices rooted in Lean Manufacturing and Quality by Design that make cGMP an integral part of the daily routine. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of prior supervisory experience and will demonstrate prior experience implementing transformational change to achieve world class performance in a cGMP regulated production environment.
- Manage the sustaining and process engineering teams, consisting of maintenance, frontline manufacturing support (both manufacturing engineers and engineering technicians), and process engineers.
- Develop and implement the departmental goals and objectives for maintenance, frontline engineering, and process engineering in line with the site level goals and objectives.
- Allocate resources to facilitate attainment of project goals within established timelines and budgets; monitor execution of project plans.
- Lead organizational development and improvement for the process engineering and maintenance functions to enable attainment of current and future business needs.
- Create and maintain an environment of innovation and continuous improvement, focusing on quality, cost reduction, process development, and supply chain optimization.
- Ensure compliance with all government and company regulations, policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and Work Instructions in support of quality, regulatory compliance, health, safety and environmental requirements.
- Work as a strategic partner with all other departments to maintain efficient communication and ensure alignment to site and company level objectives and project prioritization.
- Provide direction and technical support in identifying continuous improvements to manufacturing operations and implementing new technologies.
- Provide direction in supporting the needs of manufacturing areas by addressing requirements for quality standards, ensuring compliant documentation, and pursuing improvements in capacity, product availability and cost.
- Lead and participate in complex investigations, develop plans and execute tasks to solve process problems.
- Use quality systems, including Nonconformance (NC), complaint investigations, audit observations and Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA) to drive continuous improvement.
- Lead implementation of efficient process controls, including ERP master data, standard operating procedures, and production record keeping systems.
- Must be willing to support 24x7 manufacturing and perform other related duties as required.
- Must be willing to support global projects, including up to 10% travel.
- Education: Bachelor of Science Degree from accredited institution in Engineering, Physical Sciences, or related
- At least 8 years of operations and/or engineering experience in a cGMP regulated environment
- At least 5 years of experience in a supervisory or cross-functional project manager role
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing robust manufacturing systems and processes
- Experience managing multi-year transformational project(s)
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with data analysis programs
- Demonstrated understanding of industrial safety practices
- Demonstrated cross-functional leadership qualities, including confidence, transparency, integrity, innovation, passion, patience and tenacity
- Education: Master Degree in Engineering, Business Management or related
- Certification: Six Sigma and/or Lean Black Belt
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)