Johnson & Johnson Careers
MANAGER SCIENTIFIC COMMUNICATION
Requisition ID: 1433181227
Biosense Webster, Inc. is recruiting for a Manager, Clinical Science & External Research (Scientific Communication), located in Irvine, CA.
The Manager, Clinical Science & External Research (Scientific Communication) will be primarily responsible for leading and developing internal and external scientific communication contents for assigned products. Our team is looking for someone who possesses high standards of creative thinking, scientific analysis, teamwork, and interpersonal skills for the advancement of clinical programs via evidence dissemination. You will liaise with a cross-functional team, including marketing and Medical Affairs to prepare strategic analysis of scientific data, including performing literature review, in development of objective and accurate scientific communication materials. You will evaluate the need of and support the development and implementation of effective clinical systems/processes for scientific communication materials warehousing and dissemination.
You should possess advanced understanding and maintain current knowledge of industry standards on scientific communication and publication development. You will demonstrate understanding of the disease area, develop a keen understanding of the Operating Company product portfolio, clinical strategies to provide strategic input to publication planning & evidence generation and dissemination strategies. We are looking for a highly motivated and independent individual with abilities to problem tackle and run projects effectively. You are expected to provide quality feedback to and keep management informed of key developments and issues within the context of the clinical projects you are assigned.
In addition, you may provide support on assigned clinical research projects, such as non-regulated studies (Investigator Initiated, Registries, real-world evidence or company sponsored Post-market studies) and low complexity regulated studies (Post-Approval), as needed. You will consistently strive to improve the performance, reputation, and image of the team and ensure efficient use of resources to provide high quality deliverables. You will understand, incorporate, and follow all applicable laws and regulations relating to business activities, and Policies and Procedures of the Health Care Compliance Program and Code of Conduct. You may be asked to provide training to employees or other individuals and/or group as needed.
- Develop scientific communication strategy with understanding of publication plan
- Lead content development, including management of vendor and may include hands-on medical writing as needed
- In partnership with marketing and other relevant internal partners, develop and implement training and dissemination plans for scientific communication materials
- Handle budget and execution associated with various scientific communication and/publication strategies
- Participate in formulating evidence generation strategies
- Support the Clinical Research team in publication planning and development as needed
- Support congress planning including leading clinical booth activities and scientific evidence gathering, as needed
- You should have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 6-8 years of clinical, medical affairs or related technical experience, with a Master’s degree OR PhD/MD/ PharmD with 4-6 years of industry/academic research experience preferred. A Life Science, Physical Science, Nursing, or Biological Science degree preferred
- Successful experience in publication planning and scientific communication within medical device highly preferred
- Medical device or pharmaceutical industry experience preferred
- You should have Knowledge of Good Publication Practices (GPP3) and ICMJE recommendations, as well as understanding and application of regulations and standards applied in compliant scientific communication
- You should be able to influence others along with strong written and oral communication skills. This position requires advanced project management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects
- Experience with medical writing and systematic literature review desired. This position will be located in Irvine, CA and may require up to 10% travel
United States-California-Irvine-33 Technology Drive
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)
Clinical Research non-MD