Johnson & Johnson Careers
Lead Analyst, GSIA Innovation and Scale
Skillman, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 1428180514
Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies is recruiting for an Lead Analyst, GSIA Innovation and Scale to be located in Skillman, NJ or New Brunswick, NJ. This position may require up to 10% travel domestically.
The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
The Lead Analyst, GSIA Innovation and Scale works interdependently across Global Beauty Brands and Regions to bring innovative and leading-edge methods into J&J's Beauty culture and way of working. He/she will scale market research operations and enable faster, cheaper, research executions and insight generation. Most immediately, he/she will a) be the lead user and project manager for Beauty consumer closeness, social listening, insight deep dives and direct to consumer capability development to solve business problems. b) accelerate planning, execution and reporting aspects of standardized analytic and research methods globally for Beauty, working closely with GSIA Beauty Managers, Directors, internal partners (CXC, GCC) and vendor partners, c) operationalize internal/DIY research including developing questionnaires/ guides through online tools, preparing data for analysis and facilitating analyses/reporting and share outs of own and others’ insights and d) lead usage and meta-analysis of NPD and portfolio forecasts and in market performance tracking tools. On occasion, at the discretion of the GSIA Sr director, he/she may also assist or lead projects for Global/regional brands and initiatives.
Directly reports to the Beauty GFO GSIA Sr Director, in New Brunswick, NJ.
The Work (WHAT):
• Monitors Beauty social media and online communities; develop most appropriate applications for GSIA to deliver holistically against critical business objectives.
• Executes qualitative and quantitative research and advanced analytics through vendors or through DIY enablers (online survey and sampling, forecasting tools).
• Project manages, partners internally and externally to deliver in-house research and analyses efficiently, effectively and with professional data and report quality.
• Brings experience and leads usage and adoption of our NPD and Portfolio forecast and tracking tools driving constant process and forecast accuracy improvement.
• May lead Brand-building fundamentals and Innovation learning plans for adhoc Global brands/initiatives -- including insight generation, NPD and Commercial innovation market research, analytics and activation. This will be done in a scaled, smart-spend, agile way.
• Will manage deployment of Beauty Trend reports, Analytical insights, Global Meta-analyses.
The Work (HOW):
• Conducts work in line with GSIA principles outlined within the GSIA OGSM for J&J Consumer.
• Grows knowledge of key macro trends, consumer, market and competitive landscape.
• Grows and quickly expertise in using a broader range of research and analytics tools/resources/processes, including social listening and desk research and forecasting.
• A market research and data specialist with business savvy. Must be willing to lead teams into the trenches of research design and method development, data, reports and analytics as well as consumer immersion and engagement to directly speak to key insights and recommendations.
• Efficient and effective project manager. Interprets and pragmatically translates research objectives into research and analytical learning plan and ensures alignment with key GSIA and multi-functional partners.
• Influences others in the implementation of action steps and recommendations.
• Gets trained and Masters self-service research, social listening platforms as go to resource for any project, including Qualtrics, Zappi, Samplify, Brandwatch, AskSuzy, Mintel, Euromonitor and other Social Listening, text analytics dashboards and platforms.
• Uses systems/databases/GSI portals/SharePoint sites and keeps them updated to allow continuous and updated sharing of consumer knowledge across GSIA.
• Proactively contributes to the GSI community; Integrates best practice learning and global standards; Maintains a constructive approach to conflict.
• A Bachelor's degree is required.
• Minimum of 6 years of related work experience is required.
• Ability to collect, process and perform statistical data analyses is required.
• Experience with Technical market research required; conversant in a range of quantitative and qualitative ad hoc research techniques and syndicated business analyses is required.
• Educational training or work experience that includes Market Research, Data Science or Analytics is required.
• Experience in SPSS, text analytics, social listening platforms and DIY online survey, and/or qualitative moderation is preferred.
• Experience in new product forecasting is preferred.
• Outstanding communication and high degree of ownership of work quality is required
• Team player is required. Ability to see his/her value and contributions in the bigger picture.
• Ability to create one’s own agenda and deliverables, with minimum guidance is required.
United States-New Jersey-Skillman
North America-United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)