Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
MANAGER, R&D, CONNECTED PRODUCTS
Requisition ID: 1426180514
Healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) have a devastating personal and economic impact, claiming the lives of 99,000 people in the U.S. each year at a cost of up to $45 billion. Ensuring that all surgical devices are properly sterilized is one way healthcare workers can help reduce the incidences of HAIs, and Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP) has been partnering with hospitals for decades to safeguard patient health and safety. ASP has a strong track record of designing and delivering innovative infection-prevention solutions, from low-temperature steam sterilization to high-level disinfection, and is a global market leader setting the standard in sterilization.
Advanced Sterilization Products is seeking an R&D Manager, Connected Products to work in Irvine, CA.
The R&D Manager, Connected Products will:
- Operate at the intersection of Connected Products and Medical Devices. s/he will combine Information Technology (IT) expertise with knowledge of healthcare environments to lead transformational change in a way to accelerate business, particularly in the areas of product connectivity, big data and the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Provide technical leadership in area of Connected Products, Big Data solutions and Cybersecurity for medical devices.
- Manage inter-connectivity, intra-connectivity and outer-connectivity for Medical Device(s); and all associated digital product properties.
- Working within the product development group and partnering with internal and external organizations, developing IT-related aspects of our products as a competitive advantage and enabler for the business.
- Support regional Marketing and Sales efforts related to connectivity and acting as the point of contact for key questions and pre-sale IT consultations.
- Participate in the development of ASP’s global vision and strategies.
- Lead strategic opportunities to harness the value of big analytics with connecting the dots with large amount of data from units in the field.
- End-to-end process understanding of customer IT systems, ASP products (including service and support), new product development, and J&J’s IT infrastructure and capabilities.
- Lead Cybersecurity initiatives, including the development and deployment of product-based cybersecurity controls as well as organization cybersecurity controls
- Lead new project development projects and work streams
- Develop core capabilities and new technologies to drive business value
- Collaborate across broad J&J R&D and IT communities to share best practices and to leverage emerging technologies
- Support development of company roadmap for IoT technical and business strategies
- Adhere to quality system and environmental policies and procedures and supports department compliance objectives
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Leads several individual contributors + Engineering vendors/partners
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant technical experience is required. Advanced degree is preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of practical work experience in IT, R&D, Cybersecurity and/or New Product Development required
- Experience in a life sciences/healthcare organization and familiarity with hospital IT processes and systems is preferred
- Knowledge of FDA Medical Device Data System (MDDS) or Software as Medical Device SaMD is preferred
- Strong knowledge of software and hardware development is required
- Experience in leading performance of off-shore and on-shore development teams is required. Ability to create collaboration across time-zone and regions
- Good understanding of business value and ability to relate priorities to associated technology investments is required
- Ability communicate and partner with various functions and level of leadership.
- Previous experience successfully executing strategic and long-range business plans is required
- Project Management experience is required including the ability to plan cross functional projects and the ability to control, execute, risk mitigate and communicate project status
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Strong breath of experience with various IT technology platforms and tools is required
- This position is based in Irvine, CA and may require up to 15% travel
BE VITAL in your career. Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Ethicon Inc. (6045)
R&D Engineering (R&D)