Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Materials Manager
Raynham, Massachusetts; Raynham, Massachusetts
Requisition ID: 1423190102
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is recruiting a Senior Materials Manager located in Raynham, MA.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
The Senior Materials Manager will be responsible for providing leadership and direction to site Production Planning, Procurement and Warehouse areas. This will role will be responsible for site attainment to planning cycle activities, as part of an established Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process. This role will ensure site planning activities are in line with customer service needs while supporting operational and financial objectives. The Senior Materials Manager will be responsible for advancing PP&L competencies on planning processes, people/leadership development and use of technology, while establishing and monitoring meaningful key performance indicators. The Senior manager will be an active member of the site management team ensuring that the site is aiming to our customer responsibilities.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
• Leads execution of Monthly Site S&OP Process, ensuring alignment with our customer service requirements and dedications, operations capabilities and financial obligations.
• Leads Short Term Exception Management and Critical issue Processes for site Supply Events
• Ensures PP&L team works as a single unit in ensuring production and purchasing plans are executed.
• Identify and drives opportunities to improve inventory investment through inventory entitlement model for Finished Good, WIP and Raw Materials
• Provides leadership to Material Handling and Warehouse teams
• Manage a team of supply chain professionals that can lead a manufacturing organization
• Work across the PP&L network on driving process standardization
• Develop team with end to end supply chain capability ensuring visibility to supply risk
• Work cross pillar with our partners in Make, Source, SNP, Finance, & S&OP
• Responsible for Goals and Objectives development and Performance Management
• Develop and implement PP&L policies, standards, guidelines, technology and procedures
• Utilize analytics capability to drive a data driven approach to problem solving
• Develops and actively leads operational budget
• Identify and Leads implementation of process improvements opportunities to increase accuracy, reliability and consistency of planning processes and associated performance indicators
• Serves as customer representative at the site
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required with a focus in Business Administration, Materials Management, Engineering, Supply Chain or Logistics preferred
• MBA or other advanced degree is preferred
• 8 years of overall industry experience required with experience in Supply Chain Planning required
• Experience in other pillars of Supply Chain (Procurement, Production, Inventory, S&OP) preferred
• Minimum of 4 years of experience leading and developing others is required
• Supply chain certification (APICS/ IBF) preferred
• Six Sigma and/or Lean certification preferred
• Experience in Medical, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare or highly regulated environment is preferred
• Experience on Advance Planning systems (APS/APO/OMP) preferred
• Ability to work with limited supervision is required
• Ability to persuade and influence others is required
• Strong organizational skills are required
• Process Improvement mindset is key to driving change
• Teamwork, excellent communication, and partnership skills across functions/levels is required
• Ability to translate complex situations into simple working solutions is required
• Proficient user of MS Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint is required
• This position is located in Raynham, MA, and may require up to 20% travel both domestically and internationally
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)