Johnson & Johnson Careers
2019 Johnson & Johnson Supply Chain Coop
Requisition ID: 1409181227
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With more than $80 billion in sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 130,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The J&J Supply Chain is an integrated, global supply chain that serves the needs of the 1 billion people who use J&J products each and every day around the world. We manufacture more than 26 billion product units per year, from raw component sourcing to end product distribution as efficiently and effectively as possible with high quality, compliance and service performance. Our supply chain organization makes up 45% of all J&J employees, and includes 125 internal manufacturing plants, manages 581 external manufacturers, utilizes 459 distribution centers, partners with over 3700 direct suppliers, produces over 300,000 sku’s.
We are currently looking for students of Engineering and Science majors.
As Co-op will:
- Provide support for project planning, development, implementation, and modification.
- Collaborate with operations on process/product improvement projects.
- Provide recommendations or proposed changes based on research and data analysis.
- Perform assignments designed to continue the development of your professional work knowledge and abilities requiring application of standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria in carrying out engineering tasks
These Co-op roles are filled based on individual company and business needs in all 3 of our sectors (Pharmaceutical, Medical Device and Consumer) at locations across Puerto Rico including:
- McNeil Healthcare, Las Piedras
- Ethicon, San Lorenzo & Guaynabo
- Johnson & Johnson Vision, Añasco
- Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Gurabo & Manati
A qualified candidate should meet the following criteria:
- Be legally authorized to work in Puerto Rico and the U.S. and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status)
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 Cumulative is strongly preferred
- Be actively enrolled pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree in an accredited college/institution and be in good academic standing
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required
- Able to demonstrate strong analytical and quantitative skills, excellent communication and presentation skills and leadership qualities are required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives while maintaining a strong sense of urgency.
- Must be a self-starter with ability to work independently within a matrix environment where tight timelines exist
- Candidate must be able to work full time (40 hours per week) during the duration of the co-op position.
Our preferred majors are, but are not limited to:
- Engineering (Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Biomedical, Computer/Software)
- Supply Chain Management
- Science (Chemistry)
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Puerto Rico-Guaynabo-
North America-United States-Puerto Rico-Gurabo, North America-United States-Puerto Rico-Las Piedras, North America-United States-Puerto Rico-San Lorenzo, North America-United States-Puerto Rico-Anasco
Ethicon Endo Surgery, LLC (7597)