Johnson & Johnson Careers
Head of Training and Development
Requisition ID: 1406180514
Sightbox, Inc. is looking for a Head of Training and Development to join our team in Portland, OR.
Sightbox is a new way for contact lens wearers to experience vision care. We are passionate about educating people about the importance of eye care - and in doing so are preserving the doctor-patient relationship. Sightbox joined Johnson & Johnson Vision in 2017 and offers a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and commitment to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Sightbox is recruiting for a Head of Training and Development with proven experiences in building and executing training programs in customer service or healthcare. This position will work with the Head of Customer Experience (HCX) to create a training program for the Sightbox Customer Experience Team, the company at-large, and all new employees.
The role will report directly to the Head of Customer Experience.
- Work with the HCX and Engineering to identify an LMS that will serve Sightbox’s training needs and which can connect effectively to Sightbox’s internal, proprietary CRM.
- Work collaboratively with the HCX and Marketing to create training on the Sightbox Core Values, the Johnson and Johnson Credo, and Sightbox’s brand voice for all employees of Sightbox.
- Identify key skills and knowledge required for functional job duties using existing training materials and create new trainings based on those materials that align with the customer journey.
- Work with Product and Engineering teams to identify upcoming technology updates, changes, features, etc and create trainings updates as tech changes are deployed
- Create evaluation processes for all trainings that incorporates both digital and live elements
- Create skills evaluation processes for job candidates for the Customer Experience department
- Create training on stress management and other self-care strategies that foster resilience in the team.
- Foster a culture of lifelong learning and skill development at every level of the organization.
The Ideal Candidate
- A BA/BS degree is required
- 8 years professional experience
- Health Care experience is preferred
- 3 years experience developing and delivering trainings in a business or healthcare setting is required
- Experience with utilizing LMS to develop trainings is required
- Demonstrated understanding different learning styles and the ability to create trainings which responds to those styles is required
- Track record of creative problem solving; thinks big, starts small, grows fast.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to manage multiple responsibilities.
- Excellent leadership skills, ability to keep teams motivated and positive.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Previous experience in start-up environments is a plus.
- Has a deep understanding of what it takes to create an amazing, world-class customer experience and knows how to explain that at the macro and micro level
- People feel heard when communicating with you through writing and conversation.
- Ability to direct a conversation toward solution without coming across as brisk or pushy.
- Genuinely curious about people, contact lens wearers, and local businesses operating in the vision industry.
- You are adaptable and can think on your feet. When faced with new challenges, or tough conversations, failure simply isn’t an option.
- Confident communication skills - no fear of the phone.
- Your positive attitude puts people at ease.
- Ability to organize tasks and manage your time within a rapidly changing environment
- Excited to build something great.
- State of the art Macbook Pro, dual monitors, and a standing desk.
- Nitro cold brew and sparkling water on tap.
- Pet insurance.
- Parking/transit pre-tax benefits.
- Generous time off for full-time employees.
- Learning credits.
- Theme days and company outings.
- Newly renovated downtown office digs.
- A fun group of co-workers.
What you'll get Working at Sightbox is awesome! We are a startup, but we’re also a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson Vision Care so in addition to world-class standard benefits and a competitive salary, we have perks such as:
We have a collective success culture: everyone contributes to how we win. Cross-functionally and across the company, we share common goals and work tirelessly for our members. We learn new things every day, support one another and we more than value work-life balance (truly—without balance we will not find sustainable success).
As a team, we’re committed to creating a unique and rewarding eye health experience for contact lens wearers. We all know that our healthcare system is in need of innovation— we’re focused on using technology to address needed change while keeping doctors at the heart of the experience.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)