Johnson & Johnson Careers
POSTDOCTORAL SCIENTIST COMPUTATIONAL CHEMISTRY
Requisition ID: 1403181226
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a Johnson and Johnson Company is hiring a Postdoctoral Scientist, Computational Chemistry to be located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and
committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are seeking a highly motivated computational chemist/cheminformatician to join the Computational Chemistry group at Janssen. The Postdoctoral Scientist will:
- Develop, implement, and deliver predictive models for physical properties and Absorption/Distribution/Metabolism/Excretion (ADME) parameters critical to the identification of lead compounds, candidates, and drugs.
- Compile consistent data sets for model training in collaboration with experimental scientists.
- Compare in-house developed models to literature and commercial methods.
- Collaborate with external academic and industrial research partners.
- Assess the outcome of systematic application of models.
- A minimum of a Doctoral degree (e.g., Ph.D.) is required in a relevant discipline such as Computational Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, Chemistry, Computational Biology, Computational Sciences, Computer Science, Bioinformatics.
- Experience with scripting or programming language such as Pipeline Pilot, Python, etc.
- Experience using Linux/UNIX.
- The ability to work with and extract information from large data sets.
- The ability to work individually (independently) as well as on a team.
- Strong oral and written communication, interpersonal, and collaboration skills.
- Research experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Developing machine learning models.
- Generating and/or interpreting ADME data.
- Applying computational chemistry techniques in a drug discovery setting.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)