Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Scientist I, Immunology
South San Francisco, California
Requisition ID: 1401190805
Janssen Research & Development a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is recruiting for an Associate Scientist I, Immunology within the Infectious Diseases Immunology Discovery group located in South San Francisco, CA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
Janssen Biopharma Inc. is inviting you to join our South San Francisco-based Infectious Disease team and be part of a broader group including members in the Spring House, PA and Beerse, Belgium campuses to advance novel immune based therapeutic agents for infectious diseases. You will optimize and implement in vitro and in vivo assays to assess immune function targeting agents. As a member of a high performing group you will interact with external and internal colleagues to identify and validate novel treatment approaches for infectious diseases. You will have direct responsibilities to independently design and execute experiments, analyze and accurately record data in compliance with data integrity requirements, present the findings to peer scientists and draft technical sections of regulatory documents.
• Interact with external and internal colleagues to identify and validate novel treatment approaches for infectious diseases
• Work on assay development to support compound characterization and assessment of immune outcomes
• Independently design and execute experiments, analyze and accurately record data in compliance with data integrity requirements, present the findings to peer scientists and draft technical sections of regulatory documents
• A Master’s Degree or foreign equivalent in Pharmacology/ Immunology/ Biology/Molecular Biology/ Cell Biology and a minimum of two (2) years of relevant work experience OR a Bachelor’s Degree or foreign equivalent in Pharmacology/ Immunology/ Biology/Molecular Biology/ Cell Biology and five (5) years of relevant work experience
• Excellent mammalian cell/tissue culture and sterile technique
• Experience with primary T cell-based assays (cytotoxicity, cell proliferation, cytokine secretion)
• Technical proficiency in ELISA, multiplex assays (Luminex or MSD), Western blot and qPCR/RT-PCR
• Self-motivated and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
• Comfortable in a fast-paced company and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
• Excellent social, verbal and written communication skills are critical in this collaborative work environment
• Strong organizational skills and record keeping
• Experience with multi-color flow cytometry and data analysis (FACSDiva, FlowJo, Excel, GraphPad Prism)
• Knowledge of in vivo murine models and experience handling rodents
• Proficiency in creating PowerPoint presentations and presenting data
This position is located in South San Francisco, CA and may require up to 10% domestic and international travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-South San Francisco-
Janssen BioPharma, Inc. (6224)