Johnson & Johnson Careers
Staff Packaging Development Engineer
Requisition ID: 1393190806
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Staff Packaging Development Engineer located in Raynham, MA.
Are you passionate about working with a dynamic team in a fast-paced, challenging, and highly collaborative environment focused on delivering best-in-class package innovations worldwide? Are you ready to tackle the problems of an ever-changing and evolving industry? Are you ready to make a difference in patients' lives on a global basis? Do you consider yourself a difference maker?
The Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies have been working to make surgery better for more than a century. With substantial breadth and depth in surgical technologies, orthopedic and interventional solutions, we aspire to improve and enhance medical care for people worldwide. Together, we are working to shape the future of health through differentiated products and services. Our environment is ambitious and is as meaningful as it is rewarding.
- Planning and execution of key engineering assignments concerned with unusual or controversial problems having a major impact on company programs.
- Leads large scope, high business impact packaging projects related to Brand maintenance or expansion, cost saving initiatives, creative package development and environmental goals.
- Has full technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing and coordinating assignments. Identifies and coordinates physical testing to ensure product and package integrity for manufacturing through end users.
- Leads in the resolution of packaging related issues in manufacturing and the field. Develops recommendations on general packaging guidelines and standards for processes and functional requirements.
- Executes packaging projects in compliance with government and corporate guidelines.
- Provides meaningful contributions to the company through inventions, new designs, processes or techniques which are significant to the solution of substantial problems.
- Continually evaluates new packaging solutions and alternatives in order to improve operating efficiency, generate market differentiators and add sources of revenue.
- Participates and provides technical expertise for risk assessment and compliance assurance programs.
- Assures delivery of robust, cost effective, fully compliant packaging solutions that meet current and evolving customers’ needs.
- knows and follows all laws and policies that apply to one's job, and maintains the highest levels of integrity at all times.
- Promotes and champions the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance and actively supports our compliance program-related initiatives and activities.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent Technical Degree required
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in highly regulated industry
- Medical device experience highly preferred
- Superior Communication Skills, both written and oral
- Standout Colleague with a creative and positive attitude
- Strong leadership and analytical skills
- Experience in process development
- Ability to effectively work with peers and management
- Ability to work in and lead multi-functional teams
- Strongly preferred project management skills
- Requires travel - domestic / international travel up to 20%
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
DePuy Synthes Products, Inc (6149)