Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Scientist, Exploratory Biology located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
In this Scientist position, you will join the Exploratory Biology team to scientifically mature project proposals from various Therapeutic Areas. The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Developing a thorough understanding of target structure and function;
Supporting development of best antibody and cell therapy approaches by building required biological assays, systems and cell lines;
Efficient use of extensive expertise spread across Janssen and at contract research organizations.
The highly qualified candidate is expected to interface with project leaders, contribute to the assessment of the projects’ needs for target characterization and relevant assay formats, and conduct non-routine experiment in a fast-paced multitasking environment.
This position offers you an exciting opportunity to engage in the discovery of novel biotherapeutics for unmet medical needs. The ideal candidate for this role would thrive while:
- Working under limited supervision with a high level of autonomy
- Designing, performing and interpreting in vitro and ex vivo experiments, including but not limited to: flow cytometry and sorting, ELISA, tumor cell killing, NK cell based killing assay, immune cell isolation from whole blood or tissues, reporter assays, transcription assays (such as quantitative RT-PCR), transfection and cloning of stable cell lines, Western blot (Peggy Sue). Experience with Seahorse desirable. Ability to troubleshoot where necessary.
- Staying up-to-date with the literature in your field.
- Being an independent thinker and effective communicator
- Driving the analysis of highly complex issues and identification of significant improvements, changes or adaptations of existing methods and techniques
- Developing research solutions that require extensive synthesized analysis, detailed investigation, and uncovering new approaches
- Influencing or persuading others to accept new ideas that challenge the status-quo
- Frequently interacting with senior internal and external colleagues often requiring coordination across multiple functions and groups
- Collaborating with external partners and networks
- Ph.D. degree in life sciences (immunology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or a related discipline)
- Cutting edge laboratory experience with molecular and functional characterization of signaling and metabolism pathways in the fields of immunology, oncology, or immuno-oncology
- Experience in design, execution and analysis of in vitro pharmacology studies to assess receptor/ligand interactions, or complex in vitro functional assays to assess efficacy of antibody or cell-based therapeutics.
- Established scientific reputation through published work in peer-reviewed journals, participating in patent preparation or oral presentations
- Strong organizational and communication skills, ability to effectively lead cross-disciplinary teams, lead others in the preparation of scientific publications, patents, journals and presentations, lead the proper documentation of new inventions and discoveries and interpret and integrate data to make recommendations for critical discovery/technology project decisions
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)