Johnson & Johnson Careers
Staff Packaging Process Engineer
Requisition ID: 1362180905
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson’s family of companies, is recruiting for a Staff Packaging Process Engineer to be based in Lancaster, PA.
The Staff Packaging Process Engineer will:
- Serve as a Packaging technical asset owner and be responsible for assuring process continuity.
- The execution of this role will require ownership of site assets, knowledge of equipment operation, and use of reliability risk assessment tools and root cause analysis to improve equipment performance.
- Establish and maintain equipment key performance indicators and monitor equipment performance.
- Act in accordance to the principles expressed in Our Credo and the Quality Statement in all negotiations and activities within and outside the company, and assures these are met.
- Maintain training proficiency on cGMPs, SOP’s, testing procedures, and data analysis as required.
- Lead root cause problem solving sessions and utilize tools to drive correct actions.
- Establish Reliability Key Performance Indicators to measure equipment performance.
- Perform regular analysis of equipment performance results; develop and execute a plan to address findings and improve operation of equipment.
- Evaluate and understand root cause of equipment failures; implement corrective and preventive actions to avoid reoccurrence.
- Lead a technical team or serve as primary technical lead on cross functional teams. Lead and coordinate project activities, resources, etc.
- Work with the site production maintenance team to ensure manufacturing and packaging equipment are maintained in optimal conditions.
- Support the equipment engineering team in the selection, installation, qualification, and validation of manufacturing and packaging equipment.
- Evaluate, maintain and improve equipment maintenance regimes according to the equipment condition, criticality rating and available technology and assures strict compliance to them.
- Establish a spare part selection process for equipment corrective and preventive maintenance based on an equipment condition and criticality rating.
- Act as equipment subject matter expert for equipment improvements, deviations evaluation, regulatory audits, and capital justification.
- May provide direction and mentorship to line operators, Co-ops and entry level engineers.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Works under minimal supervision.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required. Mechanical, Chemical, or Electrical discipline is preferred.
- 6+ years of experience with a Pharmaceutical, Consumer Products or Related Manufacturing Plant environment is required.
- Experience working with general maintenance of equipment is required.
- Knowledge of cGMPs and Good Documentation Practices is required.
- Experience working in FDA/cGMP compliance environment is preferred.
- Knowledge in solid dose manufacturing and packaging equipment is preferred.
- Process Excellence and problem-solving knowledge preferred. Oral and written communication skills are required.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required.
- Technical leadership skills and the ability to lead and influence in a cross-functional matrixed organization is preferred.
- Knowledge in statistical analysis and familiarity in statistical software (e.g. Minitab) is preferred.
- Six Sigma Green Belt and/or Black Belt certification is preferred.
- This position is based in Lancaster, PA and may require up to 10% travel based on business needs.
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)