Johnson & Johnson Careers
Research and Development, Quality Assurance, Operations Co-op – Warsaw, IN (Spring 2020)
Requisition ID: 1349190806
Caring for the world one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science, bringing innovative ideas, products, and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets.
With more than 260 Johnson & Johnson operating companies that employ over 135,000 people work with partners in health care to make a difference in the lives of over a billion people throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
DePuy Synthes Joint Reconstruction, a member of the Medical Devices Sector of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for 2020 Co-ops in the Research, Product Development, Quality Assurance and Operations departments located in Warsaw, Indiana.
DePuy Synthes Joint Reconstruction is part of the largest, most innovative and comprehensive health care business in the world. DePuy Synthes Joint Reconstruction designs, develops, and manufactures innovative, market-leading total join replacement medical device implants and instruments that address the needs of the orthopaedic surgeons and patients throughout the world.
As a Co-op in the R&D, Quality Assurance or Operations departments, your work experience may include opportunities such as:
- Observe world-class operations in DePuy Synthes's manufacturing facility, as well as take advantage of on-site training courses.
- Learn and utilize analysis and design tool tools, rapid prototyping technologies, industry-leading testing equipment and methodologies, and related anatomy, pathologies, and surgical procedures in the design and development of new products.
- Work with multi-functional product development teams and alongside experienced engineers.
- Contribute to design solutions and the advancement of new product development projects or improvement of existing products or processes.
- Be assigned to specific product and/or support teams to design test fixtures and prototypes as well as perform testing, experimentation, and validation to support product design.
- Learn and apply various tools and methods (e.g. Six Sigma, Lean) to identify and realize new product or process introductions as well as process improvements.
- Contribute to and support process quality control plans to ensure they are in accordance with product risk level and are consistently followed.
- Characterization of materials and evaluation of processes for newly designed and/or current products; providing technical assistance to various departments related to materials and processing matters; developing new test methods and/or equipment; and performing failure analyses.
- Work in a hands-on production environment alongside manufacturing engineers to help troubleshoot and improve existing manufacturing and packaging processes.
- Additional experiences depending on the position and department.
- Candidate must be enrolled, not necessarily taking classes, in an accredited college/university during the Spring (January - May), Summer (May/June - August) or Fall (August - December) 2020 Co-op session.
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering or Science. Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Materials Engineering or Industrial Engineer are preferred academic majors depending on the specific position.
- Must be available to work full-time (40 hours/week) during the Co-op session.
- Available to work a minimum of three alternating semester rotations is required (e.g. Spring, Fall, and Summer, plus additional rotations if available).
- Only students that have completed their freshman year or above by the start of their first work rotation will be considered.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 is preferred.
- Candidates with demonstrated leadership and/or participation in campus/community service activities are preferred.
- This position is located in Warsaw, Indiana. Students must be able to provide their own transportation to and from this location.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require future sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Medical Device Business Services, Inc (6029)