Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: 1335180218
Biosense Webster, Inc (BWI), a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a R&D Engineer to be located in Irwindale, California.
Hi-Tech meets Medical Devices at Biosense Webster! If you want to work with brilliant people in a fast-paced environment, help make a huge difference in patient's lives and want to be responsible for providing the most innovative technology in the field of cardiac electrophysiology, then Biosense Webster is the place for you! Our vision and mission are clear - be #1 in rhythm solutions globally and cure AF (Atrial Fibrillation), the most common heart arrhythmia. Our products are used by prominent physicians around the world and help improve thousands of patient's lives. Simply put, we are a highly innovative entrepreneurial company with a truly global and diverse culture, backed with the support structure of the Johnson & Johnson Corporation - quite a winning combination! Our commitment to quality and our Credo have helped us achieve significant milestones as a company.
Biosense Webster is the world leader in the $2.5 billion worldwide electrophysiology market and our company is in the enviable position of being one of the fastest growing businesses within Johnson & Johnson. We have achieved double digit growth consistently over the last decade and aren’t stopping as we look towards the future. Our product portfolio remains strong and further proves we are an innovative leader in cardiac electrophysiology. In order to continue this great growth trajectory, we need to bring on board top talent like you to help fuel our future! Our growth has also enabled a relentless focus on talent development by providing many new opportunities for our employees to expand their knowledge and grow their careers. Our commitment to developing our leaders is unwavering. Our investment in people, technology, and innovation make us one of the best places to work within one of the most admirable corporations in the world.
The R&D Engineer II will:
- Play a key engineering role for technical development aspects of the project, as well as providing technical leadership through all phases of the product development process, including planning through product launch.
- Make a significant contribution to a multi-disciplinary team, must be self-motivated, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Create and develop specifications and prints to resolve design problems related to material properties, dimensional tolerances, manufacturing procedures and costs.
- Ensures that necessary drawings, specifications, and testing are properly documented throughout the product development cycle.
- Drive understanding of customer insights and translate customer needs into design inputs that will drive product development
- Identify medical device design principles and material selection; the ability to verify and validate design concepts and evaluate design failure modes is required.
- Brainstorm and prototype early stage concepts and implement complex design concepts and ideas into working blueprints and drawings
- Interface with cross functional groups such as Marketing, Engineering, Manufacturing, Regulatory and Quality to lead development of new products and enhance existing products
- Support design reviews and pre-validation assessments to ensure the safe and environmentally sound start-up of new processes
- Utilize project management skills to lead technical discussion and decision making with Core Product Development Team comprised of cross functional members through various stage gates of product development
- Develop clinically relevant test methods appropriate to each product, and determine feasibility through benchtop and simulated use testing. This role will have a focus on hands-on application of engineering methods and principles, and will require strong technical skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the application of design controls and development processes, while executing in a timely and efficient manner.
- The idea candidate must possess Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering is preferred) with a minimum of 2 years of related experience
- Experience in being a technical lead to develop and deliver a product through a product development process to manufacturing is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of catheter manufacturing techniques is preferred.
- Prior experience in the design, fabrication and manufacturing of electrophysiology or cardiac catheters and technologies is preferred.
- Prior experience in micro-molding, micro soldering and shaft development is a definite plus
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, manage a varied workload and interface effectively with project teams, management and surgeons is required.
- Knowledge and experience with design control in a medical device. FDA regulated design environment is preferred
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, engineering drawings and specifications is required
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills required to interact with customers (physicians and/or external vendors) and internal cross-functional team members is required.
- Prior experience in customer interaction and early stage design development is a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Solid Works required
- Experience with Microsoft project or equivalent Project management software is a plus
- Ability to work well both with a team and independently is required
- Up to 10% to 25% travel will be required
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-California-Diamond Bar
Biosense Webster Inc. (6010)
R&D Engineering (R&D)