Johnson & Johnson Careers
Lead Anaylitics Engineer
Requisition ID: 1323180906
Johnson & Johnson Supply Chain Digital & Analytics group is recruiting for a Lead Analytics Engineer who will play an important role in our transformation journey of applying innovative analytics to drive business improvement and competitive advantage. This position has the option to sit in any J&J office in USA, but preferred locations are Seattle, Bay Area, or Bridgewater, NJ.
The Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies have been working to make surgery better for more than a century. With substantial breadth and depth in surgical technologies, orthopedic and interventional solutions, we aspire to improve and enhance medical care for people worldwide. Together, we are working to shape the future of health through differentiated products and services.
At the core of our business strategy is the value of reliable, real-time data - “the great equalizer” - and insights that come out of the data using Advanced Analytics. Our ability to leverage cognitive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive analytics to drive speed and agility in our supply chain will give us competitive edge. Accelerated adoption of cutting edge modeling & analytics embedded in the operational workflow is required to achieve our goals. The Lead Analytics Engineer will be focused on developing and deploying advanced mathematical models & analytics to obtain business intelligence and support data-driven decision making in operations and supply chain. The scope of responsibility encompasses analytics-based decision support across J&J Global Supply Chain organization at strategic, tactical and operational levels.
Major responsibilities include:
- Lead the development and deployment of Operations Research (O.R.) optimization models, simulation models, and other advanced analytics solutions to enable data-driven decision making and achieve business improvement in operations and supply chain.
- Develop technology stack to enable end-to-end, scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analysis, model development, model validation and model implementation.
- Partner with business leaders and stakeholders in various functional groups (e.g., manufacturing, operations, planning, procurement, engineering, quality assurance, logistics) to identify advanced analytics application opportunities.
- Research, recommend and implement new modeling and analytics approaches, algorithms and technologies that help advance internal improvement and innovation of Advanced Analytics and Data Science.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on data science solution development and deployment, including data, tools, methods, and infrastructure.
- Actively contribute to internal knowledge base through Wikis, Forums and other collaboration mechanisms.
- Provide direction and guidance to junior team members on all aspects of analytics from business context and prioritization to technical coaching.
- Master’s or PhD in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Management Science or other related quantitative disciplines is required.
- 5+ years (with Master’s degree) or 1+ year (with Ph.D. degree) of industry experience in successfully deploying O.R. mathematical models & advanced analytics in operations and supply chain, especially in inventory planning and optimization, scheduling optimization, and network optimization areas.
- Strong technical competency and hands-on skills in developing large-scale optimization models (LP, MIP, NLP, QP, CPLEX, Gurobi, Xpress, etc.) is required
- Proven thought leadership in solving complex problems with examples of implementing innovative analytic solutions and driving outstanding results is required
- Hands on experience with operationalization of optimization/simulation models with track record of success and proven outcomes. Experience in partnering with business stakeholders to drive model adoption and change management is required
- Proficiency with programming in R, Python, C, C++, Java is preferred.
- Experience with simulation models and tools (e.g., Arena, Risk Solver Platform) is preferred
- Background in manufacturing and supply chain management is preferred.
- Solid understanding of BI and data solutions, including Power Pivot, cubes, data warehouse, and data marts is preferred
- Experience with machine learning algorithms, big data architecture and distributed computing tools (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka, etc.) is preferred
- Experience with data visualization and presentation (Tableu, Qlik, Power BI, etc.) is preferred.
- Able to travel up to 20%, including international travel.
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and
ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Bridgewater
North America-United States, North America-United States-California-San Francisco, North America-United States-Washington-Seattle
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)