Johnson & Johnson Careers
Principal Engineer Electrical
Requisition ID: 1321180511
Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision (JJSV) is recruiting for an Principal Engineer Electrical in Santa Ana, CA. JJSV designs, manufactures, and distributes products for the surgical treatment of anterior segment ophthalmic disorders, most notably cataract removal.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision goal is improving sight throughout a patient’s lifetime. J&J Surgical Vision is well positioned to address a full range of vision health needs for global markets: The No. 2 global provider of CATARACT products and a leader in presbyopia-correcting IOLs, the Global REFRACTIVE (LASIK) market leader, all supported with a CONSUMER EYE HEALTH diverse portfolio of solutions and drops. Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision has operations in the United States, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding our brands and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in the industry.
The primary responsibility of this individual is directly responsible for leading the development of new and innovative technologies, treatments, solutions, and products. Participates on a high caliber multi-functional team to drive innovative approaches to product development. Performs high level research and development functions supporting the development of new products and processes.
Adheres to environmental policy, procedures, and supports department environmental objectives. Engages in Credo-based decision-making.
You, the Principal Engineer, Electrical, will:
- Proactively debugs, tests, and designs products.
- Performs early analysis and project definition of electrical engineering projects. This includes early design, prototyping and feasibility analysis.
- Serves as one of the key voices to project viability and early definition.
- Prepares proposals for immediate and long-term programs for the electrical needs
- Prepares reports and presentations to management on project status and makes recommendations for changes to ensure on time completion.
- Takes a lead role in the architectural structure and development of projects.
- Allocates tasks to team members, determines progress, manages overall design to completion, and insures overall architectural integrity.
- Defines scope of projects, estimating cost and time, and prepares justification for capital and expense forecast projects.
- Mentors other engineers to promote career advancement
- Prepares and controls project budget.
- Evaluates progress, results, and recommends changes in procedures and systems, as business and equipment electrical needs change.
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, science, or closely related discipline is desired, or equivalent technical experience plus demonstrated competence is required.
- A post-graduate education/degree is desired, and may contribute towards the desired years of experience is preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years of significant engineering and/or operational experience required.
- Has demonstrated competency within a discipline is required.
- Possesses a strong technical knowledge and application of concepts, practices, and procedures is required.
- Works on problems of complex scope where analysis of situations or data involves multiple competing factors is required.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action is required.
- Interacts well with diverse groups within engineering and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators is required.
- Listens to and understands others' points of view and articulates tactfully and respectfully one's own perspective orally, in writing, and in presentations is required.
- Works well with other engineers in a collaborative, fast-paced goal-driven environment is required.
- Possesses interpersonal skills to negotiate and reconcile differences is required.
- Experience in compliance testing – i.e. 60601; safety & regulatory is required.
- Experience in technical background in health care, medical devices, or similar industries is preferred.
- Some experience is fluidics, ultrasonic drives or RF is preferred.
- Has demonstrated competency with the following tools: i.e. Oscilloscope, Multimeter, logic analyzers, schematic capture tools, Viv ado UHDL, Code Warrior, National Instruments LabVIEW, MATLAB Simulink; C/C++ is required.
- This position is in Santa Ana, CA and will require up to 10% of travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-California-Santa Ana
AMO US Holdings, Inc.. (6234)
R&D Engineering (R&D)