Johnson & Johnson Careers
Principal Engineer Mechanical
Requisition ID: 1320180511
Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision (JJSV) is recruiting for an Principal Engineer Mechanical in Santa Ana, CA. JJSV designs, manufactures, and distributes products for the surgical treatment of anterior segment ophthalmic disorders, most notably cataract removal.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision goal is improving sight throughout a patient’s lifetime. J&J Surgical Vision is well positioned to address a full range of vision health needs for global markets: The No. 2 global provider of CATARACT products and a leader in presbyopia-correcting IOLs, the Global REFRACTIVE (LASIK) market leader, all supported with a CONSUMER EYE HEALTH diverse portfolio of solutions and drops. Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision has operations in the United States, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding our brands and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in the industry.
The primary responsibility of this individual is directly responsible for participating in and occasionally leads product development teams and/or cross functional teams in the development of new and innovative technologies and products. Performs high level research and development functions supporting the development of new products and processes. Uses creativity and innovation to develop solutions to complex problems. Ensures solutions are consistent with organization objectives. Provides advanced design and technical engineering expertise and solutions for mechanical and mechanical process interaction issues. Makes layouts of complex assemblies and detail parts of devices and mechanisms.
Adheres to environmental policy, procedures, and supports department environmental objectives. Engages in Credo-based decision-making.
You, the Principal Engineer, Mechanical, will:
- Uses in-depth knowledge of various mechanisms, drafting practices, and mathematics to complete drawings.
- Utilizes expertise in finite element analysis, and other engineering calculation tools to prove sizing, materials, and specifications prior to machine fabrication.
- Prepares complex three-dimensional designs and models.
- Contributes to the product specifications for current and future products.
- Provides advanced design and technical engineering expertise and solutions for mechanical and mechanical process interaction issues.
- Makes layouts of complex assemblies and detail parts of devices and mechanisms.
- Responsible for the engineering and quality assurance of part of a major project or for a complete small project
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, science, or closely related discipline is required.
- An advanced degree is desired
- 8 years of significant engineering & design experience with mechanical devices is required
- Demonstrated Mechanical Engineering competency with full knowledge of regulated industry practices and standards is required.
- Possesses a strong technical knowledge and application of concepts, practices, and procedures is required
- Experience working on problems of complex scope where analysis of situations or data involves multiple competing factors is required
- The ability to Interact well with diverse Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action is required
- The ability to work in groups within engineering and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators is required
- The ability to Listen and understands others' points of view and articulates tactfully and respectfully one's own perspective orally, in writing, and in presentations is required
- Works well with other engineers in a collaborative, fast-paced goal-driven environment is required
- Possesses interpersonal skills to negotiate and reconcile differences is required
- Technical background in health care, medical devices, pharmaceutical, or similar industries is preferred
- 25% travel may be required.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-California-Santa Ana
AMO US Holdings, Inc.. (6234)
R&D Engineering (R&D)