Johnson & Johnson Careers
ASSOCIATE QUALITY ENGINEER
Requisition ID: 1317190802
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms, and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, advanced energy, robotic surgery, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago, as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 25 years ago, in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision goal is improving sight throughout a patient’s lifetime. J&J Surgical Vision is well positioned to address a full range of vision health needs for global markets: The No. 2 global provider of CATARACT products and a leader in presbyopia-correcting IOLs, the Global REFRACTIVE (LASIK) market leader, all supported with a CONSUMER EYE HEALTH diverse portfolio of solutions and drops. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization.
As an Associate Quality Engineer, you will have the opportunity to use state of the art tools and take advantage of various training courses related to statistics, risk management, process control and anatomy, offered on-site. This position may be assigned to quality activities in new product launch or life cycle engineering. As the voice of quality you are also a voice of the customer within the core team.
The Associate Quality Engineer’s major responsibilities will include but are not limited to;
- Reliability modeling and test method development
- Ownership of the Risk management File and FMEA development,
- Failure Investigation and Analysis,
- Requirement Definition and Verification,
- Data Analysis (hypothesis testing, DOE analysis, process capability, linear regressions)
- Component Qualifications
- Design and Process validation
- Complaint Analysis (as applicable) Manufacturing Capability Assessment
- Procedure Development & Deployment
- Contributing to project plans as a team member under direction as needed.
A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree is required in engineering or other relevant technical field. A degree in Mechanical, Biomechanical or Biomedical Engineering is preferred.
- Previous co-op, internship or work experience.
- Demonstrated leadership/participation in campus programs and/or community service activities.
- Data analysis especially in Minitab including but not limited to: Hypothesis testing, DOE analysis, Linear Regressions, and Process Capability is preferred.
- Knowledge of 21CFR820 and ISO 13485 is preferred.
- Design for Six Sigma is preferred.
- Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) is preferred.
- Knowledge of Risk Management tools like FMEA’s is preferred.
- Knowledge of CAPA Systems is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Comfortable working in a matrix environment and have the ability to connect with different functional groups and people who work in multiple levels while embracing and driving change.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Primary Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, United States, North America Other Locations: Santa Ana, California, Milpitas, California, and Redwood City, California, United States, North America
Travel: Domestic and international travel requirement up to 20%
Job Function: Engineer
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)