Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manager, Engineering Software Testing
Requisition ID: 1317180511
Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision (JJSV) is recruiting for a Manager, Engineering Software Testing, in Santa Ana, CA and Milpitas, CA. JJSV designs, manufactures, and distributes products for the surgical treatment of anterior segment ophthalmic disorders, most notably cataract removal.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision goal is improving sight throughout a patient’s lifetime. J&J Surgical Vision is well positioned to address a full range of vision health needs for global markets: The No. 2 global provider of CATARACT products and a leader in presbyopia-correcting IOLs, the Global REFRACTIVE (LASIK) market leader, all supported with a CONSUMER EYE HEALTH diverse portfolio of solutions and drops. Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision has operations in the United States, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding our brands and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in the industry.
The primary responsibility of this individual is directly responsible for leading a group of software test development engineers for the planning and execution of functional system software test protocols including unit test modules and developing the test tools and platforms with the ultimate goal of releasing a robust application software and related support software test modules for J&J Vision Surgical product lines. Software test engineering is the direct interface between the product software development and the release verification and validation test group. It directly affects the product functional performance, manufacturability, and reliability.
Adheres to environmental policy, procedures, and supports department environmental objectives. Engages in Credo-based decision-making.
You, the Manager Engineering, Software Testing, will:
- Lead and develop an efficient and focused group of capable software test development engineers for on-time project deliverables. (10%)
- Plan, design, develop, and implement surgical system and related support software test requirements, tools, and protocols. (20%)
- Architect and develop automated unit and system test software and tools. (20%)
- Manage external vendors and contractors for rapid software iteration testing. (10%)
- Develop test environments and review bug database. (10%)
- Develop and track software engineering, test processes and procedures. (10%)
- Develop and implement feature, integration, regression and system tests for new software development. (10%)
- Collaborate with release V&V test group and other functional managers to review application specifications and create documents to identify test scenarios and develop formal test protocols. (10%)
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related engineering discipline is required.
- 10 years of progressive software development work experience is required.
- 3 years of management experience is required.
- Multiple full software test development cycles from concept to release is required.
- Strong hands-on and management experience in coding and developing software test tools is required.
- Strong experience in using software development, repository, test, and bug tracking tools is required.
- Strong experience with test and measurement devices and associated APIs is preferred.
- Proficient skills in C/C++ is required.
- Previous vendor management is preferred.
- Proficient in LabVIEW graphical programming language desirable.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are essential, and you must be able to multitask and work effectively at all levels in a fast-paced environment is required.
- Experience in full software development life cycle for medical devices is a plus.
- This position is located in Santa Ana, CA and Milpitas, CA and requires up to 10% of travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-California-Santa Ana
AMO US Holdings, Inc.. (6234)
R&D Engineering (R&D)