Johnson & Johnson Careers
Staff Engineer, Cybersecurity Lead
Requisition ID: 1316180511
Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision (JJSV) is recruiting for a Staff Engineer, Cybersecurity Lead, in Santa Ana, CA. JJSV designs, manufactures, and distributes products for the surgical treatment of anterior segment ophthalmic disorders, most notably cataract removal.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision goal is improving sight throughout a patient’s lifetime. J&J Surgical Vision is well positioned to address a full range of vision health needs for global markets: The No. 2 global provider of CATARACT products and a leader in presbyopia-correcting IOLs, the Global REFRACTIVE (LASIK) market leader, all supported with a CONSUMER EYE HEALTH diverse portfolio of solutions and drops. Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision has operations in the United States, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding our brands and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in the industry.
Your primary responsibility is to ensure all J&J Vision Surgical equipment software, hardware, and related components are protected from cyber-attacks. You will be a part of a lean growing team, and will be integral in the future of shaping the cybersecurity practices for Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision. Responsibilities include developing security systems, analyzing current systems for vulnerabilities, and handling any and all cyber-attacks in an efficient and effective manner. This is essential for patient safety and confidence in J&J Vision Surgical products.
Adheres to environmental policy, procedures, and supports department environmental objectives. Engages in Credo-based decision-making.
You, the Staff Engineer, Cybersecurity Lead, will:
- Architect effective security strategies for software systems, networks, and IT hardware. (20%)
- Collaborate with J&J enterprise cyber security team to implement best security practice for all system software and network designs. (20%)
- Develop custom firewalls to protect equipment cloud network infrastructures. (10%)
- Manage equipment system security penetration test. (10%)
- Manage medical data security compliance. (10%)
- QA software and hardware for security vulnerabilities and risks. (10%)
- Work with third parties/vendors for implementing security systems to software and hardware modules. (10%)
- Develop and document security requirements and compliance. (10%)
- BS in Computer Science or related STEM discipline is required.
- A minimum of 6 years of hands on experience in the IT field is required.
- Completion of multiple professional cybersecurity projects is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive cybersecurity related work experience is required.
- Strong IT skills including knowledge on hardware, software, networks, and cloud technology is required.
- Quality Assurance skills and the ability to identify vulnerabilities and overall issues is preferred
- Skills of perception and the ability to think like a (an ethical) hacker and anticipate hacker moves is preferred.
- Critical thinking skills, problem solving aptitude, and forensic approach to challenges is required.
- Strong experience with firewalls and software security design architecture is required.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills is required.
- Experience in medical data security compliance (i.e. HL7 or MDS2) is a plus.
United States-California-Santa Ana
AMO US Holdings, Inc.. (6234)
R&D Engineering (R&D)