Johnson & Johnson Careers
Project Manager, Product Development
Requisition ID: 1314181228
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, is recruiting for a Project Manager, Product Development, located in Palm Beach Gardens, FL.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
In this role you will lead and direct core teams in assigned business areas responsible for the design and development of complex medical devices and associated systems that fit with corporate business objectives and interests from conceptual stages through product life cycles by performing the following duties.
Your primary responsibilities in this role will include:
- Define and drive new product development projects.
- Provide input to company strategic and long-range business plans and ensure that development projects further those goals:
- Develop and implement business plans in assigned business areas.
- Interact with other departments, such as management, research and engineering to identify core technical competencies that fit with current business focus and expansion into new markets. Effectively and efficiently manage program resources, direct reports, and project teams in development of products and technologies from concept to commercialization. Serves as Project Manager on assigned projects with responsibility for project management activities per company product development procedure.
- Coordinate and develop marketing, sales, engineering, and financial plans for product line. Provide financial and technical justification for product selection and definition.
- Develop product definitions based upon market analysis, internal product strategies, and technical requirements. Collaborate with a wide variety of functional areas such as sales, engineering, marketing, manufacturing and operations to develop and provide product definitions responsive to customer needs and market opportunities.
- Perform product training for sales, sales coordination, education, and customer service personnel.
- Prepare and submit project plans and budgets, which identify milestones and resources, track project timelines and costs. Ensure schedules are well planned and followed.
- Maintain communications and contacts to collect and analyze technical, financial, marketing, schedule and sales information for product line.
- Review progress continually through product life cycle to ensure attainment of objectives.
- Review progress with senior management. Prepare and give oral presentations in a group setting. Contribute and run team meetings.
- Develop and manage product launch plans and advise on development of product literature.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Know and follow all laws and policies that apply to one's job, and maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
- Diligently participate in our compliance program-related activities as denoted by your supervisor or our Chief Compliance Officer.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience is required.
- Previous planning and budgeting experience is required.
- Experience leading communication of project risks and risk mitigation is required.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills in addition to the capability of creating vision and compelling teams to follow and be successful is required.
- Ability to work across functions to identify issues and facilitate resolutions is required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations required.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public required.
- Must be detail-oriented and possess great organizational skills, be adaptable and able to work well under time constraints.
- This position will be based in Palm Beach Gardens, FL and may require up to 10% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Florida-Palm Beach Gardens-
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)