Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Associate Director Franchise HEMA
Requisition ID: 1314170927
Cerenovus, a worldwide leader in the science on delivering innovative therapies for haemorrhagic and ischaemic stroke patients, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, and part of the Cardiovascular and Specialty Solutions (CSS) Franchise is recruiting for an Associate Director of Franchise Health Economics and Market Access (HEMA).
- Supports the business objectives of priority projects within the CSS franchise and partners with multiple internal and external stakeholders to deliver against the business unit strategy;
- Plays a key role in evidence generation process for new product development, planning and execution of health economic and outcomes studies to support the businesses and direct the development of global market access strategies in support of business unit and or technology platform objectives;
- Works to ensure market access requirements are understood and built into the product pipeline through Target Product Profiles (TPP) and value propositions that reflect the needs of non-clinical stakeholders;
- Supports the development and execution of lifecycle evidence of value and market access strategies that enable market access and commercial success;
- Works collaboratively with regional HEMA teams to identify evidentiary requirements and potential barriers to access;
- Manages research activities that include but are not limited to burden of illness, retrospective database studies, creation of global economic models and value messaging, patient reported outcomes development and analysis, interpretation of economic, satisfaction and QoL endpoints and results;
- Develops value tools including value dossiers, value briefs and economic models;
- Works closely with multiple cross functional partners, including R&D, GSM, Business Development, Medical Affairs, Clinical Research, Regional HEMA, Marketing, Regulatory Affairs, and Legal;
- Closely collaborates with the clinical team in the design of studies to support market access and reimbursement, including development of evidence utilizing Real World Data sources;
- Educates internal colleagues on the HEMA function and its role in creating value propositions for the non-clinical stakeholder throughout the product life cycle;
- Stays abreast of key global market access and reimbursement trends and assess the impact for CSS technologies and analyzes global reimbursement policies and summarizes their impact on new CSS technologies;
- Gather critical voice of customer (VOC) from economic stakeholders to shape evidence development and collaborates closely with global partners to adapt and develop materials for economic stakeholders;
- Successful candidate will have a background in evidence-based medicine, health economics, reimbursement or health policy and a track record of success.
- General knowledge of global reimbursement systems and market access trends, including Health Technology Assessment (HTA) processes.
- A collaborative attitude and ability to engage with a multi-functional, global team to provide input and influence decisions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely to large audiences, detail oriented, self-motivated and independent.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to understand the implications of reimbursement and market access trends that will impact future product launches.
- Keen understanding of how evidence and policy translate to “practice” in healthcare delivery.
- Intellectual interest in keeping abreast of global market access and reimbursement trends.
- Solution-oriented, with the ability to offer creative options for problem solving.
- Bachelor’s degree and preferred advanced degree in a HEMA related discipline (MS, MPH, PhD, MHA, MBA) in health economics, outcomes research or healthcare related field preferred.
- Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 8 years’ experience in a highly regulated field and a minimum of 4 years of commercial medical device, pharma or consulting business is preferred.
- Possess the ability to work from strategy development (direct or indirect), to execution and value creation in a dynamic organization.
- A strong understanding of medical delivery systems, reimbursement, market access conditions and health policy trends in major global markets is required.
- Solid knowledge of evidence needed to drive favorable reimbursement and market access is required. Experience leading health economic or outcomes research studies from concept through publication (including management of research vendors or consultants) preferred.
- Global experience highly desirable.
- This position is located in Irvine, CA and requires 15% domestic and international travel.
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)
Health Economics R&D