Johnson & Johnson Careers
Supply Chain Intern (May 2020 3 Months)
Requisition ID: 1307190802
Type: 3 Month Co-op
Targeted Start Date: May 4th 2020
About Johnson & Johnson:
Johnson & Johnson’s brands are household names in Canada and around the world. In just about any home in the country, you’ll be able to find a J&J brand: Tylenol®, Neutrogena®, Johnson’s Baby®, and Acuvue® to name a few. At J&J, our organization focuses on innovation and bringing real value to Canadian consumers in the health care industry, as a leader in Pharmaceuticals, Consumer Healthcare and Medical Devices. We’re looking for a new team member to join us on our mission.
Johnson & Johnson is committed to bringing to bear our End to End (E2E) Supply Chain to deliver consistent customer value, growth and profitability. The key focus areas include Warehouse & Distribution Strategy and Sourcing focusing on services reliability and efficiency, SRM program management, deployment of the Global 3PL Strategy, and Ground Transportation Strategy plus execution.
When you come to work, you will be part of a culture of diversity that seeks to support every employee in reaching their potential. At J&J we see our Supply Chain Interns as future leaders, who will have a strong background in various areas of Supply Chain.
Our Interns are supported with ongoing coaching, support, guidance and both on the job and formal training. Your natural leadership skills will be an asset and continue to develop throughout your time here with us. You will get industry experience learning about the end-to-end supply chain, while using your keen eye and analytical skills to ensure we are meeting our Supply Chain goals and objectives.
As a Supply Chain Intern at our Markham location, you will be working closely with the Supply Chain Planning Team to ensure that we are meeting customer expectations. You will be responsible for analyzing and reporting on key supply chain metrics such as service level, forecasting error, and inventory value. You will investigate root causes on supply chain issues and drive action plans with cross functional business partners. You will also have the opportunity to lead efforts on projects and process improvements that will contribute to success of the department.
We are seeking results and performance driven individuals that have proven the ability to lead. This person will have high energy and passion, is adaptable, customer-focused and able to work independently. You should have superior collaborating, negotiating, and influencing skills. You should also possess strong analytical, problem-solving and oral and written communication skills. Finally, you will be tasked with multiple projects and priorities in a dynamic and team orientated environment during your time at J&J.
- Work with local and international business partners to report key performance metrics with high degree of accuracy and reporting frequency
- Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure that related systems are maintained and improved
- Participate in various projects such as supplier re-sites and graphics changes, new product launches, change management projects and process improvement initiatives
- Participate in ad-hoc projects both within Supply Chain and cross-functionally
Assignments will be relevant and challenging work for both undergraduate and graduate level applicants
Education and Experience:
- In final two years of a Bachelor of Business Administration degree program OR currently enrolled in an MBA program
- Enrolled in a Co-op Program that allows 8-month work term preferred
- Advanced knowledge in MS Excel using large data sets, formulas and reporting knowledge
- Proficiency in MS Office software
- SAP/APO knowledge an asset
- Tableau knowledge an asset
- Supply Chain Management experience an asset
BE VITAL in your career. Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)