Johnson & Johnson Careers
Staff Engineer, Architecture & Database Lead
Requisition ID: 1305180511
Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision (JJSV) is recruiting for a Staff Engineer, Architecture & Database Lead, in Santa Ana, CA. JJSV designs, manufactures, and distributes products for the surgical treatment of anterior segment ophthalmic disorders, most notably cataract removal.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision goal is improving sight throughout a patient’s lifetime. J&J Surgical Vision is well positioned to address a full range of vision health needs for global markets: The No. 2 global provider of CATARACT products and a leader in presbyopia-correcting IOLs, the Global REFRACTIVE (LASIK) market leader, all supported with a CONSUMER EYE HEALTH diverse portfolio of solutions and drops. Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision has operations in the United States, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding our brands and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in the industry.
The primary responsibility of this individual is directly responsible for the planning, design, and execution of software architecture and data management for J&J Vision Surgical product lines. The goal is to make high level decisions for software development and data management with the intent to create architectural approaches for software design and implementation to guide the development team.
Adheres to environmental policy, procedures, and supports department environmental objectives. Engages in Credo-based decision-making.
You, the Staff Engineer, Architecture & Database Lead, will:
- Develop and document high level product software specifications and architecture with attention to system integration and feasibility. (20%)
- Define all aspects of software development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards. (20%)
- Develop and manage product database and networking architecture. (20%)
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers. (20%)
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility, etc. (20%)
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline and a minimum of six (6) years of progressive software development and database management work experience is required.
- Experience as software architect is required.
- Experince in the area of developing multiple full software development cycles from concept to commercial release is required.
- Experience in software development and coding in various languages is required.
- Excellent knowledge of software and database design and architecture is required.
- Excellent knowledge of UML and other modeling methods is highly preferred.
- Familiar with all common database models and tools is required.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities is required.
- This position is based in Santa Ana, CA and will require up to 20% travel domestically and /or internationally.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-California-Santa Ana
AMO US Holdings, Inc.. (6234)
R&D Engineering (R&D)