Johnson & Johnson Careers
Cost Engineer, Plastics
Requisition ID: 1303190404
Johnson & Johnson is hiring a Plastics Cost Engineer in either Cincinnati, OH, West Chester, PA, Raynham, MA or Somerville, NJ.
The Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies have been working to make surgery better for more than a century. With substantial breadth and depth in surgical technologies, orthopedic and interventional solutions, we aspire to improve and enhance medical care for people worldwide. Together, we are working to shape the future of health through differentiated products and services.
Reporting to Director, Cost Engineering and Analytics, the Plastics Cost Engineer is responsible for establishing cost engineering benchmarks, completing detailed supplier price / cost analytics and support Strategic Sourcing in negotiation strategy development and face to face supplier negotiations.
- This person will lead, review, and prepare cost engineering benchmarks for complex plastic molded piece parts, assemblies and mold / die tooling and fixtures within the Medical Device Segment.
- Analyze CAD data and part / assembly prints to prepare accurate global cost benchmarks utilizing part weights, cycle time, scrap, etc., considering machine/labor rates, manufacturing related overheads, capacity, automation, etc.
Develop and propose detailed design and material recommendations for improvement and their associated costs and benefits.
- Present accurate cost modeling benchmarks and recommendations to Sourcing, R&D and Program teams.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to establish the current baseline condition and cost performance needs of the business and facilitate development of strategic plans to address cost opportunities identified through cost engineering modeling process.
- Manage plastic resins and manufacturing benchmarking costs database
- Track plastics supplier transparency to enable efficient analytics for plastics raw material, manufacturing costs and mark-ups.
- Interface with suppliers to drive detailed cost/price negotiations.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science or Engineering disciplines, Plastics or Mechanical Engineering degree is preferred. Advanced degrees a plus.
- 7 years’ work experience in plastics manufacturing environment with detailed process knowledge of injection molding, blow molding and extrusion technologies and processes required.
- This person will need to possess a keen business understanding, a broad knowledge of plastics manufacturing processes and activity-based cost accounting principles in order to provide product cost analytics for procured materials and products required.
- Experience cost modeling, quoting, estimating or sales engineering in Contract Manufacturing, Automation, Thermoplastic Molded Parts, Molds, and Fixtures for plastics manufacturing company.
- Strong influencing skills and ability to challenge the status quo, with demonstrated success in developing business cases required.
- Strong financial skills and demonstrated ability to develop and use cost models that tie to plastics manufacturing and supply chain cost drivers required.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills, with the ability to create fact-based rationales required
- Demonstrated people leadership and facilitation skills required
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills required
- Program management skills required
- Ability to work within a matrix organization required
- Excellent interpersonal, relational, and communication skill to align with key value chain stakeholders & partners required
- Ability to handle multiple task and adapt quickly to changing requirements required.
- Demonstrated change management and project management skills required
- Advanced MS Excel skills required; strong Access database experience preferred.
- Six Sigma Lean Green Belt or Black Belt preferred
- Project management certification a plus.
- May require up to 20% domestic and/or international travel.
United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester-
North America-United States-Ohio-Cincinnati, United States-New Jersey-Somerville, United States-Massachusetts-Raynham
MD&D Global Services LLC (6209)