Johnson & Johnson Careers
Project Manager – Process Excellence
Requisition ID: 1299180405
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Project Manager – Process Excellence to be located in Santa Ana, CA.
Johnson & Johnson Vision (JJV), is a worldwide company with operations in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Since we introduced soft disposable contact lenses in 1988, and through the acquisition of Abbott Medical Optics in 2017, no other manufacturer has matched the aggressive expansion of our wide-ranging Surgical Vision (Cataracts and Lasik portfolio) and Vision Care (ACUVUE and Consumer Eye Health solutions) family of products. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding the J&J Vision brands brand, and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in total eye healthcare solutions.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
- Define, lead and implement state-of-the-art quality focus and process excellence improvements for end to end complaint handling process
- In collaboration with complaint team leaders, this role help establishes the continuous improvement strategies and programs to support global post market safety surveillance team and integrates within the Quality team overall strategies, goals, and objectives
- Implements the continuous improvement of quality systems to facilitate business and quality objectives, and compliance review and resolution processes.
- Continually assesses site performance across all governance processes, recognizing gaps to standard, and implements actions to resolve.
- Leads change management process and makes decisions based on elements of the CREDO.
- Functions as department root cause problem solving subject matter expert and may lead associated initiatives focused on problem solving skills such as Kaizen event, Six Sigma, FPX, and Lean Belt programs
- Holds teams and department leaders accountable to business process standards.
- Mentors and coaches business leaders and project leaders to ensure program and department goals are achieved.
- May directly supervise project leaders, complaint analysts, complaint investigators, and Product Safety leads based on business needs.
- Leads diagnostics and assessments of department processes and collaborates with area leaders to create and execute associated action plans.
- Alert the organization to issues in time to resolve potential adverse effects on the customer, company image, or reputation of the business.
- Develop and manage leading engineers to create effective quality processes at all levels and throughout the Quality organization.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering field or related field or an equivalent combination of education and work experience is required. A focused degree in a technical discipline with advanced statistics coursework is preferred. An advance degree is preferred.
- An MBA is preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in a regulated industry is required.
- People management experience is preferred.
- Lean or Six Sigma certification is preferred with multiple successful projects completed and mentored.
- Previous experience developing and delivering Lean/Six Sigma Training is preferred.
- Broad knowledge and experience in Process Excellence (PE) tools required (DMAIC, Voice of Customer, FMEA, Design of Experiments, fishbone, 5 whys, Kaizen, etc) is preferred with a proven track record of deploying these tools to improve operational performance.
- Must have competency to deal with ambiguity managing multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously.
- Hands-on knowledge of computer applications including use of the Internet, Word, Excel and Microsoft Project applications and presentation software such as Power Point is required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills is required.
- Good organizational skills and good presentation skills is required.
- Works well in a team-oriented, cross-functional environment is required.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and operate in a fast-paced environment is required.
- This position will be located in Santa Ana, CA and may require up to 25% of domestic and/or international travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-California-Santa Ana
AMO US Holdings, Inc.. (6234)