Johnson & Johnson Careers
Lead Deal Desk Analyst
Raynham, Massachusetts; West Chester, Pennsylvania; Warsaw, Indiana; Cincinnati, Ohio; Somerville, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 1287180904
Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies (JJMDC), a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Lead Deal Desk Analyst . The preference is for the position to be located in Raynham, MA or Somerville, NJ, with consideration given for Cincinnati, OH, West Chester, PA or Warsaw, IN.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies produce a broad range of innovative products and solutions used primarily by health care professionals in the fields of Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices contains key surgical platforms such as Wound Closure, Orthopedics, Open and Minimally Invasive Stapling, Energy, Biosurgery, Aesthetics, ENT, and Cardiovascular surgical products. As the most comprehensive devices business in the world, Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices (MD) is best suited to serve evolving customer needs, train more surgeons to improve standards of care, and treat more patients globally as access expands. The business is expected to experience solid growth over the next 5 to 7 years.
Contract Strategy is responsible for the development and execution of contracting strategies for customers within the JJMDC Strategic Customer Group (SCG). Contract Strategy includes the development and delivery of Contracting Strategies (contracting options / parameters by customer segment), Deal Desk (single point of contact, rapid response hub for developing contracts), customer analytics (preparation of customer-ready analytics and materials for the field to support customer updates and negotiations) and CPC governance (rules and processes for approving deal exceptions). The Contract Strategy group works in close collaboration with the field to put together the most appropriate offering (products, pricing, solutions and T&Cs) for the customer possible and in close collaboration with Contract Management, the group responsible for executing, uploading and ensuring compliance with the contract.
The Lead Deal Desk Analyst is responsible for the development of offers (including products, prices, solutions and financial T&Cs) for customers in Medical Devices. You will be the leading expert on developing the detailed offer, and interact with the Deal Manager, Contracting Director and other Quoting Analysts to develop the most appropriate offer and scenarios possible. The Lead Deal Desk Analyst is also responsible for workload balancing across the quoting analysts and coaching, mentoring and developing quoting analysts on both their understanding of the tools to develop the offer as well as influencing and problem-solving skills to develop the most appropriate offer and scenarios.
The primary objectives of the Deal Desk are to:
1) Protect the margins of the business by taking a holistic view of the levers that affect profitability (products, prices, solutions and T&Cs)
2) Reduce the time spent by the field on writing contracts to create more time for them to focus on customers
3) Make it easier for our customers to do business with us
4) Better align the offers we submit with the needs of the customer segment and the strategies of the business
You will be able to vary from being an advisor on strategic partnerships and structuring complex deals (for tier 1 customers) to enforcing a narrower set of options for other customers (tier 4).
- Drive the development of detailed offers and scenarios for the Deal Manager, leveraging product expertise, business acumen and professional judgment while adhering to contracting strategies and price matrices
- Develop rigorous, error-proof offers and analysis (where needed) maintaining a high attention to details of the offer while still seeing the emerging patterns, trends and insights across offers
- Display a high degree of ownership for the quality of the offer and the fit with our strategic and financial objectives
- Direct workflow across the Quoting Analysts to ensure service levels and quality objectives are met
- Drive adherence to protocols and business rules while still respecting individual customer needs
- Identify areas for improvement – within systems, processes and interactions – and surface and provide recommendations regularly to management to support our objective for continuous improvement
- Take an active role in developing and improving training materials and SOPs
- Coach / mentor developing Quoting Analysts to strengthen their skillset and improve the quality of their work
- Be the onsite point of contact and team representative for the Quoting Analyst Manager
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert and Learned Individual for the Quoting Analysts and Deal Managers
- Provide all necessary documentation / files / rationale to relevant stakeholders (e.g., Contract Admin, Deal Manager)
|Planning and Organization|
|Pricing and Contracting:|
|Mentors and Coaches Others:|
|Problem Solving/Decision Making:|
Do you strive to join an excellent team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required. A concentration in Business, Economics, Finance or Marketing is preferred.
- A minimum of 6 years of business experience with at least 3 years in Contract Management, Finance, Pricing or another related field required.
- Experience with contract execution and performance monitoring is preferred.
- Self-starter and strategic thinker with demonstrated ability to implement strategies based on competitive dynamics, economic goals, and customer needs
- Ability to use detailed financial analyses and high-level pattern recognition to drive performance
- Ability to identify, prioritize, & interpret information and data from disparate systems
- Exceptional attention to detail, customer service and results orientation
- Excellent Communication – written & verbal – internal & external
- Excellent analytical skills: demonstrated ability to use complex Excel and analytical tools reflecting business knowledge at product code detailed level
- Ability to create, present and communicate findings to all levels of Management
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional environment and build support across a complex set of stakeholders is preferred
- Ability to form strong, trust-based relationships with Account Management and Contract Admin teams
- Drive to understand multiple JJMDC products and offerings, strategies and business objectives
- Ability to work within complex quoting systems with high degree of accuracy and speed is preferred
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester, North America-United States-Indiana-Warsaw, United States-Ohio-Cincinnati, United States-New Jersey-Somerville
Johnson & Johnson HCS Inc. (6077)