Johnson & Johnson Careers
PLO Workday IT Lead
Requisition ID: 1287180511
Johnson and Johnson Corporate Business Technology is recruiting for Product Line Owner, Workday IT Lead located in New Brunswick, New Jersey.
& Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most
comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well
as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and
medical devices and diagnostics markets. We strive to provide scientifically
sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease and
improve the quality of life.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job Description Details:
The IT Lead Product Line Owner for Absence and Performance/Talent is part of the Workday Global Product Line team, and is accountable for the design and development of innovative, integrated solutions within the Workday system. This specific role has global responsibility for the key business processes for Absence, Performance, and Talent within the HCM module. Partnering with the Global Services Process Design Owner and other stakeholders across HR, IT, and the business, this role provides thought-leadership by applying business, functional and technical knowledge to the design and overall usage of the Workday system. The role is a key player in the overall Workday Governance to ensure alignment of current and future design to the overall guiding principles and strategies of Workday. Responsibilities include:
- Assists with setting a clear vision for the IT product and IT product strategy.
- Identify and recommend IT product features based on business value.
- Partner with IT Business Technology Leader (BTL), Technical Services, Global Services, and Workday to identify new capabilities to deliver on unmet business needs.
- Lead continuous process improvement efforts within Absence, Performance and Talent processes, identifying and prioritizing opportunities, then advocating for features that bring value and benefit to Johnson and Johnson.
- Maintains a strong external network of Workday experts (within Workday, Workday Community, and other Workday clients) to help advocate for solutions.
- Participate in selected Partner design session with Workday for future solutions, representing Johnson and Johnson’s interests and influencing overall design.
- Strong business acumen and interpersonal skills including facilitation and negotiation; ability to gain trust, lead, and influence others at different levels in the organization
- Demonstrated ability to drive efforts to standardize, optimize and simplify processes and technical solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and balance local country and regional requirements to adapt and implement strategic global process decisions.
- Understand the business’ overall strategies and business priorities as it applies to the IT product.
- Partnering with the Workday operations team to ensure optimized service delivery.
- Act as a bridge between Business, Global Services and Technical Services.
- Assess and develop the roadmap for future functionality, and assess new functionality in Workday releases and make recommendations for implementation strategy.
- Negotiate with the business to see what items are built and which are backlogged based on capacity.
- Develop product acceptance criteria.
- Estimate development and effort levels to prioritize requirements.
- Partners to solve and deliver Workday and end to end business solutions to business partners using the Talent and Absence features.
- Serve as subject matter expert for Workday.
- Ensure adherence to compliance and IT policies and procedures.
- 2+ Years of Workday configuration/design experience in Absence and Talent/Performance required
- A Bachelor's degree is preferred in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field or 5 years of related experience
- 2+ Years’ experience in process design in the Human Resources industry with deep understanding of HR systems and testing principles required.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and partnering skills with both technical and functional end users.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in project management with strong process focus and analytical skills preferred
- Ability to align complex architecture to business strategies and initiatives required
- Previous experience delivering Enterprise projects is preferred.
- Strong broad-based hands-on IT background is required.
- Ability to work in a highly matrix environment around the globe.
- IT Service Management (ITIL) experience preferred.
- Agile experience preferred
- SDLC methodology experience is required
- Strong track record of delivering project deliverables and progress with aggressive time lines and sprints; can drive solutions quickly and efficiently.
- Strong experience designing technical solutions for business problems; understands both business processes and technical solutions required.
- Creative and flexible problem solver
- 5% travel may be required domestically
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
Johnson & Johnson (6067)