Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: 1284180511
Healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) have a devastating personal and economic impact, claiming the lives of 99,000 people in the U.S. each year at a cost of up to $45 billion. Ensuring that all surgical devices are properly sterilized is one way healthcare workers can help reduce the incidences of HAIs, and Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP) has been partnering with hospitals for decades to safeguard patient health and safety. ASP has a strong track record of designing and delivering innovative infection-prevention solutions, from low-temperature steam sterilization to high-level disinfection, and is a global market leader setting the standard in sterilization.
The R&D Senior Engineer is responsible for:
- Designing devices using SolidWorks, prototyping by hand and instructing technicians on device assembly, as well as performing bench testing as needed
- Work with external vendors to design and source components for new devices. The successful candidate should be familiar with standard measurement devices including DMM, oscilloscopes, and calipers
- Ability to build prototypes, including device assembly
- Ability in CFD modelling of multiphase systems
- Assist in developing product concepts, specifications, drawings
- Review invention submissions, work with patent attorneys to assess their patentability, and other patent related activities, including IP landscape search and freedom to operate search
- Ability to derive product requirements from customer needs, apply critical thinking and lead the process of identifying the few critical requirements
- Participate in development projects core teams as the R&D representative and technical lead
- Ability and discipline to adhere to schedules and tasks based on instructions/guidance from engineering leadership.
- Ability to maintain & operate equipment, such as 3D printers, and CNC machine.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related field is required; advanced degree preferred
- 4 years minimum of work related experience in new product development in a regulated industry is required
- Working knowledge and experience in CFD modelling for multi-phase systems and the use of related software such as Fluent is required
- Hands on prototyping experience is required
in engineering software including SolidWorks is required
Hands-on mechanical engineering skills is required
Proficient in troubleshooting, testing and solving mechanical problems is required
- Experience with patents and intellectual property is highly
preferred; ready to prepare for, and take US PTO patent agent certification
exam in two years
Medical device product development experience highly preferred
Sterilization and/or disinfection experience preferred
- Hands on CNC machining and 3D printing experience is preferred
Strong broad based technical expertise aligned with ASP products preferred
Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization, including senior management, is required
written and oral English communication skills, and documentation experience is
Travel, up to 10% both domestic and international is required
Ethicon Inc. (6045)
R&D Engineering (R&D)