Johnson & Johnson Careers
REGIONAL MEDICAL SAFETY OFFICER
Requisition ID: 1278190802
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company is looking to hire a Regional Medical Safety Officer (RMSO) located in Skillman, NJ or Fort Washington, PA.
The Regional Medical Safety Officer (RMSO) provides medical safety oversight in their allocated region, for the Consumer portfolio of products, throughout the life cycle of the product.
The Regional Medical Safety Officer (RMSO) provides medical safety oversight in their allocated region, for the Consumer portfolio of products, throughout the life cycle of the products, including new product development.
The Regional MSO works closely with the associate RMSO, and proactively collaborates with OCMS colleagues on the relevant Safety Stronghold Teams, as well as with colleagues in R&D, regulatory and quality. The RMSO will align with and work closely alongside IPV country team leads in their region. This position provides strategic thought leadership on development of safety assessments and risk management documents in collaboration with the Stronghold Safety Team, at the direction of the Stronghold Safety Team Leader. The RMSO ensures communication of potential and known risks, when appropriate, to direct management, the Consumer Qualified Person for Pharmacovigilance (QPPV), and personnel in all other relevant functional areas.
The Regional Medical Safety Officer (RMSO) will:
- Possess medical safety judgement and oversight in their allocated region, for the Consumer portfolio of products, throughout the life cycle of the products, including new product development
- Lead the identification, communication and management of potential and known safety risks
- Ability to work with effectively and influence leading decision-makers
- Be a vocal and visible champion of safety insights as a key input into product development and post market safety surveillance strategy
- Safety-related point of contact and key collaborator for all regional business partner activities across JJCI
- Guide, oversee and mentor Medical Safety personnel in generating relevant safety assessments and reviews
- Core member of Stronghold Safety Team; Leader of Safety Management Team for allocated portfolio of products
- Must represent Consumer Safety org on management and cross functional committees.
- Assume oversight responsibility for all regional interactions with health and regulatory bodies on Consumer products
- Balance interests of consumers/patients, and other stakeholders to achieve industry-leading performance and quality
- Physician (MD) with postgraduate training and direct patient management/care experience required
- Board eligible or Board certified is preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of medical/clinical experience required
- Experience in medical safety Consumer sector or drug safety or development in Pharma and Medical Devices sector and safety inspections and understanding of global safety regulations preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal English
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Skillman-199 Grandview Road
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Fort Washington
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. (6101)
Drug & Product Safety Science